• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form check please..

DiscinNoob

I'll record some new ones, once this snow breaks and melts. These are from a couple weeks ago. Was wanting some feedback on what to work on. If I'm on a hole that's around 350 to 400 ft straight flat land I can typically only get 310 to 350 ft. I do that consistently, so I know I can't drive or gain extra feet til I fix my form and arm speed. I max out right now at about 325 give or take from consistently throwing that range.

Form check on some smaller holes in the 250 range. I left the disc about 5 to 15 ft on both shots, but still curious about my form.

https://youtu.be/M0cSXPe1DdM

Thank you all for taking time to look.

The Good: Nice rear arm/leg move!

The Bad: I know you are throwing big ole hyzers there, but your stance is still open. Your rear foot is slightly too backward and your front foot strides too backward and then turns open. You want to do the opposite almost with the front foot striding more lateral/sideways and then turn back closed into the plant. So basically your feet are turning with your body in those throws, instead of your feet moving more sideways and turning the body back and forth. If your feet are turning in the direction of your swing, then there is no torque. Your foot/feet needs to be firm in the ground to turn your body. You want to get your body turning back closed late into the plant, not during the x-step which is turning back too early.

The Ugly: You are also hugging yourself with the upper arm collapsed against your chest, instead of keeping it wide away from your chest so your elbow is out and forward leading. You want to create more body turn so your upper arm doesn't have to move in your shoulder socket, and so your body turn will swing the lower arm/disc inward toward your chest and outward to target without the upper arm moving much. Get a hammer or sledgehammer and toss it straight, you should feel like you need to close up your stance and shoulder to release the arm and hammer straight and not hook it.
fpGByZx.png

Just a note on the closed stance/open arm that SW22 talks about. On your video, we are seeing both of your feet in line with your throw line. When working with both closing your stance and throwing with a more open arm, your throw line will generally be further right from what you are used to.

Look at the picture of Beato above. Place your disc between your sternum and right nipple, with your hand opposite of your chest. Feel this position, especially with how far out your elbow is. This is the same feeling you need to have when you throw.