• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form help requested! stuck at ~350

Kdubz

Been working on my form some more and my average drive has improved to between 325-350', with my max being one magical 398' throw. I still have a lot of inconsistency in the flight of my drives though, and I struggle to even get the discs to turn consistently.

Here's a quick slow motion clip:

Any and all advice is welcome! Thanks!

I would forgo the x-step and work on standstill/drills.

Your arm is finishing very downward instead of upward. So your grip/arm action must be creating nose up release instead of nose down.

@sidewinder22 thanks for the reply. The arm swing is one of the things I have not figured out. If I pull through and finish with an upward motion like many pros do, my throws will all hyzer out hard left. So I have sort of resigned myself to trying to throw flat as much as possible since that's where my best throws come from. I have also watched quite a few of my own slow-mo throws watching the angle of the disc thinking the same thing that it must be nose up, but the reality is that my release nose angle when I throw more as you described, is actually fine probably 75% of the time (at least it sure looks nose down to me).