• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form comparison video editor

Rossosaurus

Does anybody know of good software to compare my form video side by side with another video? Something that might make it somewhat possible to synchronize up two persons throws?

Thanks!

If you film on your smartphone I use an app called picstitch. You can probably use any collage type app for photos/video. The trick is getting the video timing synced because not all slomo is created equal. Most apps have controls for things like speed/trimming etc to get them lined up pretty well.

VSDC video editor . its free or the free version does enough for what we would use it for (theres also a good amount of youtube videos on how to work with it)

Hi there! I don't have personal experience with video editing software, but I suggest trying out movavi video editor (https://www.movavi.com/merge-video-online.html). It has features like side-by-side comparison and the ability to synchronize videos. I often use this tool when editing videos, but you should check if it fits you before using it. Good luck with your project!

VSDC video editor . its free or the free version does enough for what we would use it for (theres also a good amount of youtube videos on how to work with it)

I've just started to use it but am finding the learning curve hard - like most YouTube tutorials the video is always for a different version than the one you have. I found a couple of reviews complaining about nonstandard methods and recommending Shotcut instead.

Followup question:
What do you use to download a Youtube video so you can go frame by frame with your own? It's easy to get my camera video into an editor. I'm not sure what the best way for getting the pro video is. Or do editors somehow do it and I just haven't figured it out yet?

You type "Download youtube video" in your preferred search engine and then just paste the link in one of the many sites available and download. Same with Instagram or any other place you want the video from.