• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Critique

dandyandy

Any and all analysis would be helpful. This is the second summer I've played, and is the only time I can throw due to my location for school. But, I have been focused on getting better.

I can get my 9/10/11 speed drivers to 350' and don't throw anything faster than that at this point.

The third throw turned over slightly and didn't feel "good." It seems like I'm off balance during the throw or the disc doesn't pull straight through.

http://youtu.be/cslraxqnwp8

Looks like you are pulling too early and fast and decelerating through the hit instead of being loose and relaxed into the power zone and then exploding the outward motion. You should feel more weight being braced on the front foot/leg before you start swinging the arm/disc. Your front foot spins out as comes down to plant, you should be planting more backward and catching your weight from behind you.

Thanks for the helpful post.
I think I can work on the acceleration with the towel drill. However, as far as the planting of my foot, I don't quite know how to go about fixing that. The video you posted was helpful to explain shifting weight, but I'm not sure how to incorporate that into motion.

Latest posts