• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Help

Hey everyone. I need all your guys help with my form. I seem to be maxing out at 300'. And for some reason my discs I was throwing in this video wanted to fly really understand and usually roll even on a hyzer throw. HELP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iilhYBWYXNE

It looks like you are pulling the disc back far too early in your run-up which is causing some balance issues and you arent able to shift your weight properly. Try to be more on top of the disc at the release instead of leaning back.

Serious balance and twisting spine issue. You are trying to shift your weight back way too far and never get your weight transferred and balanced on the front foot/leg. Watch how your body is all compressing in the backswing and uncompressing in the downswing. Compared to Espen who is all relaxed, tall, and balanced in the backswing, and then goes into compression through the hit. Check the other threads in this section for vids to help.

So I need to start leaning over my disc more and stand tall at the begining of my throw and compress throughout the throw and get my weight on my front leg? And do you guys have a solution on why my discs are strangly turning over so much?

So I need to start leaning over my disc more and stand tall at the begining of my throw and compress throughout the throw and get my weight on my front leg? And do you guys have a solution on why my discs are strangly turning over so much?

It's cause you are all twisted up and off balance, throwing posture and plane alignment out the window.

And do you guys have a solution on why my discs are strangly turning over so much?
champ teebirds dont hold their new shape very long , and quickly become flippy so im guessing dx is worse.

look into something with more hook , starfire,orc, eaglex

What I noticed from the video is your follow through seemed a bit short. Looks like after the throw, you only rotate maybe 90 degrees. Maybe try to loosen up and take your follow through to 180 degrees rotation.

Also, if you look at the second throw, right at the point of release, (around 14 seconds in) it seems that most of your weight is on your back foot still. I would try to be lighter on your toes on the run up to try to push some of the weight forward.

300' is good though. I max at about 350' now but rarely have to throw that far.