• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Backpack

Yikes. Fossa just posted that the truck containing all the bags has been subject to a full search at an on-site facility. Nothing says "domestic terrorism" like disc golf bags, I guess.

Yeah I saw that. I was really hoping to get to break the bag in over the long weekend but that doesn't sound like it's going to happen anymore.

If they ever arrive :|

It's going to be August before I pull the trigger anyhow. I'm hoping you guys get yours and let know how it stacks up to the more expensive bags, in terms of durability and standing up on its own

They just posted on their Facebook that the issues has been resolved, but they had to send "several thousand dollars" to Uncle Sam.
027.jpg

They just posted on their Facebook that the issues has been resolved, but they had to send "several thousand dollars" to Uncle Sam.
027.jpg

They make it sound like a shakedown. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I wonder what the real story is

I was thinking the Tana was a good alternative to some of the pricier bags while still remaining good quality and storage. With all the delays and issues, I'm starting to think about just getting the Magellan for now.

Andy, you'll have to keep us posted if and when you get yours and give us a good review.

I was thinking the Tana was a good alternative to some of the pricier bags while still remaining good quality and storage. With all the delays and issues, I'm starting to think about just getting the Magellan for now.

Andy, you'll have to keep us posted if and when you get yours and give us a good review.

To be fair, there was really only one delay and there really wasn't much they could do about it. They said they would be shipped on May 17th and unlike normal kickstarters/pre-orders, the fact they are only a week off their target is pretty good. They got all their bags back and it sounds like they are on their way now.

I got a message from Fossa about the bags. Don't know how much they want me to say (they are on DGCR so they can post the whole tale if they wish) but it basically boiled down to a labeling issue from the factory in China. They are expecting their bags on Tuesday, then I assume it will be another day or two after that before they get shipped out.

And FTR the original Kickstarter had the bags being delivered in Mid-April. They changed that pretty quick, I believe because of limitations from the factory, but don't hold me to that reasoning.

Can't wait till people get these I've been waiting to pull the trigger on one

It's really nothing against Fossa, but since I didn't pre-order, I don't know how long it will be to get one if I order now. I could be more patient, but I'd prefer to have a bigger bag before summer is over since this is the time of year I usually get to play longer courses that I want more discs for. I'll still hold out hope for now though.

beware the Magellan, That's what I have now. It was my first backpack. I purchased it in March, and the main compartment is starting to tear at the seam. I only have about 18 discs in there, and it holds up to 22.

It also has issues standing up on its own.

beware the Magellan, That's what I have now. It was my first backpack. I purchased it in March, and the main compartment is starting to tear at the seam. I only have about 18 discs in there, and it holds up to 22.

It also has issues standing up on its own.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. All the reports a year later seem to be about seem tearing. I might just have to be patient after all this summer. I might just save up a little more even and go with the Ergo 2. I really like the vertical stacking discs in that. The Fossa just looks so good for such a reasonable price point.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. All the reports a year later seem to be about seem tearing. I might just have to be patient after all this summer. I might just save up a little more even and go with the Ergo 2. I really like the vertical stacking discs in that. The Fossa just looks so good for such a reasonable price point.

My wife said I can get whatever I want under 200.00.

So my thought is a fossa tana backpack, with a matching stool. this would allow me to put it on the stool instead of the rocky or sandy ground to prevent additional wear. I'm going to be super careful with it.

I would wait if you're going with the Fossa. They say they're shipping this week and some people have already got tracking numbers. Not I, mind you, but some people.

Anyway, all these delays (and some recent snarky comments by Fossa on Facebook) aren't filling me with hope, but the previous offerings from Fossa have been pretty solid so maybe the Tana will be on par with those, whensoever they arrive.

I would wait if you're going with the Fossa. They say they're shipping this week and some people have already got tracking numbers. Not I, mind you, but some people.

Anyway, all these delays (and some recent snarky comments by Fossa on Facebook) aren't filling me with hope, but the previous offerings from Fossa have been pretty solid so maybe the Tana will be on par with those, whensoever they arrive.

The Fossa bags were officially shipped. they posted a picture of the truck taking them all out to ship. I'm waiting anyways to see some reviews. I really want to know how durable they are compared to Grip and Lat 64 bags.

I'm pretty sure they are shipping as we speak. A picture of a loaded mail truck plus my tracking number email tells me it's on the way.

I guess I don't understand why Fossa is getting a "pass" on this, but other companies are raked over the coals for the slightest mistakes? Just seems that the Internet Disc Golf community has an insane set of double standards.

Either way, I got my tracking number a little past midnight last night/this morning. Says it should arrive on Saturday. I wouldn't be such a little bitch about all this nonsense if I was getting this bag for me, but I'm not. This was supposed to be for my daughter, but she's already played the two tournaments this year that she was going to use it for.

But enough sob story crap. Point is: the goods are on the way, Fossa corrected the mistake (at their expense, which leads me to believe they will probably lose money on this initial run of bags) and bags should be in users' hands today.

I guess Fossa gets a pass from me because I haven't been following them since the Kickstarter. I was one of the people the pre-ordered after the Kickstarter and they've been very responsive to any emails I sent and they've been updating people about what has been going on with the delays. It's not like they haven't been trying to communicate with people.

And I'm not sure if you use Kickstarter much, but in my experience, I've never gotten anything I've backed on time. Personally, if I'm buying something on kickstarter, I go in with the mind set that I'll get it eventually but I'm not planning on getting it on their projected date.

I guess I don't understand why Fossa is getting a "pass" on this, but other companies are raked over the coals for the slightest mistakes? Just seems that the Internet Disc Golf community has an insane set of double standards.

Either way, I got my tracking number a little past midnight last night/this morning. Says it should arrive on Saturday. I wouldn't be such a little bitch about all this nonsense if I was getting this bag for me, but I'm not. This was supposed to be for my daughter, but she's already played the two tournaments this year that she was going to use it for.

But enough sob story crap. Point is: the goods are on the way, Fossa corrected the mistake (at their expense, which leads me to believe they will probably lose money on this initial run of bags) and bags should be in users' hands today.

Literally the only delay was that their whole bag shipment was essentially seized by the government. That seems like a lot different issue than the other bag makers were having and the delay is almost nothing compared to others as well.

I remember when it took 6 months longer than it was supposed to, to get my 2nd run grip bag when they first came out.

I signed up for this in the initial Kickstarter....I may be wrong but didn't they estimate that it would be May when these shipped in the beginning??

Latest posts