• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Skinny 2

I've got a Skinny 2.3 on the way and am very excited. I usually only carry 15 discs or so and want to use a portion of the main compartment for bigger storage. Anyone have any tips on using some sort of divider I could put in?

I put all discs in the main compartment and use the rest of the bag for storage, works out great.
This bag gives great options for set up.

I'll use the pocket in front of the main compartment for a light jacket or other layer of clothing
side zip pocket for valuables and snacks
Other side pocket for retriever, spare towel, rainfly and umbrella if needed
Top pocket is for birdie bag, towel, and other accessories

I put all discs in the main compartment and use the rest of the bag for storage, works out great.

This bag gives great options for set up.

I'll use the pocket in front of the main compartment for a light jacket or other layer of clothing

side zip pocket for valuables and snacks

Other side pocket for retriever, spare towel, rainfly and umbrella if needed

Top pocket is for birdie bag, towel, and other accessories
Oooh interesting I didn't think about that! Mine should arrive on the 3rd and I can't wait to try out all the options

Got my bag yesterday and can't wait to get out on the course with it. I was definitely overthinking the storage! There is a ton of space in this thing. It should be easy enough to throw a sweatshirt on something in the main compartment with 10-12 discs not counting the upper pockets. I was worried about the discs not standing up without something in there filling space but it doesn't seem like a very big deal.

Will have to try it out and see if I want to add anything but so far seems very flexible!

I lost a shoulder strap 75% torn at the top seam. Purchased in April, 2021. I contacted Fossa today to see if they have suggestions.

I have heard of that happening with the skinny 2, especially the gray ones. They apparently addressed the issue with the new skinny 2.3 by reinforcing the connection points for the straps.

They seem like a great company and I bet you get a new bag as a replacement.

Bummer to hear your strap ripped. Mine is the newer 2.3 version and this is what the strap attachments look like for reference. Not sure how different it is but it feels pretty sturdy.
c2795b03d2c4545dd9e354d6a138d6b1.jpg
47c2d3ea1d82f55f838bb9910aa5920c.jpg

Fossa got back with me and I shipped my bag back to them (my dime, which is fine). They said they will repair my bag. I specifically asked if I'd get this same bag back, or a different one. He said they will fix my bag and return.

Good to hear very quick turnaround! I wonder if they will re-do the straps in their new 2.3 approach.

Good to hear very quick turnaround! I wonder if they will re-do the straps in their new 2.3 approach.

If they make the bags in-house, man I hope so! If the bags are made elsewhere, I'm curious how they repair. I'm guessing there was a 'tab' or extended section of fabric that went inside the bag to be stitched. Mine tore at the seam, so there isn't extra left to re-stitch. Looking back at this pic, the strap was only torn halfway across.

Attachments

• E4F847D9-9B14-4D0E-91F0-001D838AA2A7.jpg
    E4F847D9-9B14-4D0E-91F0-001D838AA2A7.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 29
Ah interesting - the strap attachment does look very different between the 2 and 2.3. Definitely looks more secure in the newer design. Hope your bag arrives soon and better than ever!

Update: Fossa received my bag today. They said it should be repaired and shipped back tomorrow. So far I am impressed.

This makes me like my Skinny2 even more. My experience with using it for over a year now has been excellent and knowing how Fossa stands behind their product just adds another layer of confidence.

I had an issue with my Skinny 2.0.... the top putter pocket started coming undone.. about an inch of the way down on the right side... it did stop and never moved again. This is the side where I always pick up the strap first. Doing that seemed to put pressure on that one seem where it connected to the front of the bag. I kept using it because it didn't tear more after an inch or inch and a half... and overall didn't hamper how it worked. It doesn't look nice, but not that big a deal.

I did send pictures and they replied, but didn't have a fix or exchange.

I think better stitching in areas one of the updates to the 2.3

They are lacking in storage overall if you are using all of the space at the bottom for discs... but overall it is a very good design and bag...... I had one of the first runs of the Navy bag.

I had an issue with my Skinny 2.0.... the top putter pocket started coming undone.. about an inch of the way down on the right side... it did stop and never moved again. This is the side where I always pick up the strap first. Doing that seemed to put pressure on that one seem where it connected to the front of the bag. I kept using it because it didn't tear more after an inch or inch and a half... and overall didn't hamper how it worked. It doesn't look nice, but not that big a deal.

I did send pictures and they replied, but didn't have a fix or exchange.

I think better stitching in areas one of the updates to the 2.3

They are lacking in storage overall if you are using all of the space at the bottom for discs... but overall it is a very good design and bag...... I had one of the first runs of the Navy bag.

Shame they didn't offer a fix or reduced price exchange etc.

I believe I have the 2.0 and it hasn't torn anywhere after a good 50+ rounds (I have too many bags, mix it up a lot). The lack of storage is what I love about it - plenty of discs for casual rounds where I'm testing stuff or throwing multiple shots on one hole. Fits a 32oz Nalgene and my phone, keys, and a lacrosse ball for discs stuck in trees (towel too of course). Room for some trail mix or a small snack as well. Easy access and lighter than my other bags. I have a Simian, Spinal Tap, and Tana Pro if I want to carry a ton of gear/beer/extra water/whatever.

I get not everyone has more than one disc golf bag but for the price the Skinny is hard to beat.

Shame they didn't offer a fix or reduced price exchange etc.

I believe I have the 2.0 and it hasn't torn anywhere after a good 50+ rounds (I have too many bags, mix it up a lot). The lack of storage is what I love about it - plenty of discs for casual rounds where I'm testing stuff or throwing multiple shots on one hole. Fits a 32oz Nalgene and my phone, keys, and a lacrosse ball for discs stuck in trees (towel too of course). Room for some trail mix or a small snack as well. Easy access and lighter than my other bags. I have a Simian, Spinal Tap, and Tana Pro if I want to carry a ton of gear/beer/extra water/whatever.

I get not everyone has more than one disc golf bag but for the price the Skinny is hard to beat.

I'm still a fan of the bag overall. Mine came in last January... 2021... they had a long wait to get them, supply issues, shipping issues and all that stuff. I think the top disc pockets were one of the changes and that they improved the strength of the stitching there for the 2.3.

It is certainly one of the best and more unique bags out there for the price point.

My repaired Fossa Skinny 2 is supposed to be delivered today. I'll put up pics of the repair. I hope both straps are reinforced, but I'll take a basic repair. This bag will only see carry use when it can't ride on a new (to me) DD Zuca.

I hope they repaired both as well. It'd be cool if they spruced up the stitching on those front disc pockets to match the upgrades from 2.3 too but I wouldn't expect it. A full retrofit would be pretty amazing!

Fossa repaired the torn left shoulder strap (right side in picture) by putting existing material deeper inside and re-stitching. They ran some stitching over to the good strap as well. While it doesn't look impressive, I'm sure it's more functional than the original.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CB2AD84A-99F0-4176-AD86-CA832F123716.jpg
    CB2AD84A-99F0-4176-AD86-CA832F123716.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 108
huh - interesting. Hopefully it is sturdy for you but I would have liked to see them do something a little more impressive and also reinforce the other strap too. I guess whatever gets the job done though, hope it holds up for you!

Latest posts