• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found some mega bright LEDs at frys

Ok, went and threw 9 today and gave the stalker a couple chucks to see how it went.

It kind of turned over but didn't bomb right, more like a flip but the stalker doesn't have enough turn to go back straight. This one weighs 168g so I am going to put it on one a little heavier hoping that the extra weight = a little more stability...if not I adjust.

Her 150 leopard seemed fine for her level of throw.

Ok, went and threw 9 today and gave the stalker a couple chucks to see how it went.

It kind of turned over but didn't bomb right, more like a flip but the stalker doesn't have enough turn to go back straight. This one weighs 168g so I am going to put it on one a little heavier hoping that the extra weight = a little more stability...if not I adjust.

Her 150 leopard seemed fine for her level of throw.

Do you have a Teebird? This is my favorite driver to use at night. It makes it slightly more understable, but it still has enough stability bomb it with confidence. Also, it will hold an anhyzer line better with the added weight of the light.

I read all three pages of this thread, thanks for the info, I hate the regular glow charge discs you have to charge every throw, they suck, but better than nothing I guess, Ill do one of these l.e.d's next night round, how do they work in the snow? Id imagine they dont work very well when they get wet and cold?

I would bet the duct tape seals it well, just make sure its tight against the disc because duct tape don't stick wet.

ive tested the setup with water. first i had thrown in a creek and it lit up perfectly fine. after the round i just took the led and battery off the disc and submerged it into a bottle of water and it did nothing but stay on. so water definitely doesnt have an effect on it. now with a resistor i dont know but with my setup (led and just a battery) its fine. so snow shouldnt be a problem

I would bet the duct tape seals it well, just make sure its tight against the disc because duct tape don't stick wet.

I had a disc with the LED set-up (minus the resistor) land in a creek and stay there for the 10 or so minutes it took me to get it out, and there were no problems at all. I did have it completely covered with duct tape, but a little moisture did get in, but it didn't even flicker. I probably wouldn't have got it out if it hadn't been for the LED, the water got stirred up while I was trying to get it out, and I wouldn't have been able to see it if not for the LED.

I got some on ebay for $3, 25 of them, free resistors, 15000 mcd free shipping from Hong Kong. Think it's to good to be true, its not!

Probably Sure electronics?

If so they are good...it takes a little while to get stuff but it is worth it...China and Russia always beat retail if you can wait!

It was Accessory4you, yes with a Y.

I think the battery life of the LED will last you hundreds of glow tournaments, it is worth the investment for batteries, I use 2032 disc batteries, I think that is the number, about the size of a quarter. BTW, you can hook 80 strands of 50 light LED Christmas lights together, so needless to say, they don't take much power.

http://www.ledchristmaslights.com/blue-and-gold-5mm-wide-angle

http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Throwies/?ALLSTEPS#step0

i think i read it on there a while back but the throwies are made to last continuously and i think it was 2 weeks straight wich when broken down into months its somewhere around 19 months if you play 6 glow rounds a month at each round lasting 4 hrs or so. atleast i think thats what i came up with lol. either way its definitely cheaper than buying beacons every time you play at $4 bucks a pop. the led way pays for itself just after 2 rounds

I was looking at some and I think that there were different sizes (mm), what are the sizes that you guys use?

good, 5mm is what I picked up today!

Average price per setup? (LED, Resistor, Battery)

Latest posts