• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Freakin' RIT black was brown today.

Cooler Will

Birdie Member
Dyed this ion today, and I'm pretty fn sure this color is not black.
What the hell?:thmbdown:
DSCN6611.jpg

Looks like you got a new batch of black. The new black has brown undertones and doesn't dye worth crap. Make sure your dye doesn't have an ND stamped on the lid of the liquid or the package of the powder. A simpler method is make sure the stamp on the box ends in 10 or earlier. ( the last 2 numbers are the year the dye was produced.) See this thread.

Looks like you cooked the crap outta that disc to get it to dye as well. Or am I just seeing things?

I haven't had any problems with new Black, in fact, it was ultra dark for me!:thmbup:! Now other colors are another story. :thmbdown:

th_wilson.jpg

Maybe yours just got too hot?? I dunno I am pretty new to the dyeing game myself!

Some slight modifications have been made to the Rit Dye Formula due to the lack of availability of some dye substances. With the new formulation, Rit will continue to dye most fabrics and materials, just as before. The only fabrics it will not dye are 100% acetate, polyester, acrylic and spandex. It will also not dye certain plastics made out of polycarbonates, such as golf discs and components of RC Cars. However, it will dye nylon-based plastics such as buttons and golf balls. It's always best to test the dye on your material first to see if you are satisfied. All the Rit liquid dyes are now packaged with this new formula. The powder dyes are being converted gradually to this new formula. Colors that have been converted are: Royal Blue, Petal Pink, Fuchsia, Cherry Red, and Pearl Grey. We will be posting more information about the new Rit formulation in upcoming blogs. We will send you two courtesy vouchers. You would want to make sure the package does not say ND which is the newer version of the product.

Latest posts