• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frosty's Rest DGC, Alexis, IL

Cadmanic

Par Member
I've recently installed a nine hole permanent private course near Alexis, IL. Two pads (grass at this point in time) and two pin placements for each basket. Heavily wooded, very hilly, fairly technical; terrain and "feel" is similar to Camden II in Milan, IL. (Not a design comparison... CamII is AWESOME; if my little course eventually becomes half the course CamII is, I'll be a very happy man.)

After 2 months of steady, hard work, it's still pretty rough out there.... Seems like everything that isn't good hardwood has thorns; Multi-flora rose, raspberry, gooseberry, hedge, black locust, wild honeysuckle... We've got the fairways cleared, other than some stumps and a lot of stacks of newly-cut firewood, but the rough can be VERY rough in places. I plan to eventually be able to brushhog the entire area, but for this season, just reclaiming the fairways from the thorny wild and getting real grass to grow on all of them will be the main focus. Long-term plan is to have a full 18 (or more), but for now, nine is more than a handful.

Frosty's Rest is pet-friendly to friendly pets, alcohol allowed (no glass bottles, please, and always drink responsibly and moderately if you want to come back), pack-in pack-out, no bathrooms, no water, no tee signs (yet). Tee pads are marked with flags at the moment. 4'x10' paver pads are planned for the future. Paths to next tee flag lined.

I've added the course here on the site, there is a layout map and a few pics on its page. This is a private course, on private land. Trespassers will be violated! Rounds by invitation or appointment only. Contact me via personal message here if you'd like to check it out in it's early stages. I'd love to get some feedback from all types of players. DGCR Travel Tag highly recommended to grease the wheels.

Looks like it will be a lot of fun Cadmaniac. Wish you luck on your course and hope it turns out just how you want it to. Those pesky trees you listed can be a bear!

Bumping up a bit!

Check my gallery for some early and recent shots of the course. Someday I'll get around to getting a good full set of pics at one time... Oh well.

Frosty's is in great shape right now, albeit still rough around the edges. Starting to get some color in the trees, it's going to be an awesome fall. I've already started a small singles league on Sundays, which has been growing weekly. Shoot me a pm and come check it out!