• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

disc-o maniac

Birdie Member
i am going away to florida for about 3 weeks and i was wondering if anyone would recommend some course to play out there. i already plan to play tradewinds park and easterlin park.

miami has some good golf also? haven't played there since there was only one nine-holer....snakes, gators and armadillos at tradewinds..fun course...i hear daytona is pretty sweet too...that's a bit up the coast though

I am in Fort Lauderdale right now for a week long conference. Tradewinds and Easterlin are it. I drove up to Okeeheelee to check it out and there really isn't a course there. Check out my review of it - Okeeheelee Park

Both Easterlin are really nice parks and TOTALLY different. I am hoping to get reviews of both of them up by tomorrow night.

Hopefully Okeeheelee will be a full course soon. It plays really tough at the one tourney I played there (portable baskets)..better than any of the other south florida courses IMHO.

Lack of courses in Ft. Lauderdale is what kept me from starting to play for so long. I ended up moving to Charlotte a year ago...DG HEAVEN!!! What a place to get into it.

But back to topic, Tradewinds is generally open, and it will get hot if you're going there in the next few months...Water, Sunblock and Bug Spray!!