• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Voodoo

Nice. Voodoo are grossly underrated. The popularity of lower profile putters in recent years its about time for a voodoo revival. The Reko gets some praise but those guys probably never have tried a voodoo. Similar but more plastic options to dial in your preferences.

The voodoo was the first putter I really clicked with. Unfortunately, it was early in my discing days and I was switching everything out left and right. I've been looking for a reason to ditch my current putters and pick up a pair of eraser voodoos.

I've started putting and throwing Voodoos and I can't believe how straight they are. They're certainly not the glidiest mold on the market, but they will carry for a quite a while off the tee if given enough height. I switched from the Reko to these and I don't see myself going back

How do Voodoos fly in premium plastic?
In my experience with the two Diamond Voodoos that I have, they have a bit of overstablilty. I would say they fly more like a premium Wizard with a touch more glide. If you put them on a little anhyzer they really want to fight out. The glide tends to push them farther left than a Wizard.

I have liked the flight of premium Gateway putters but not the feel. Except for one run years ago they always feel bloated.

I went from Wizards to Voodoos a while back. Since then I have also discovered another favorite, Doomsday Disc's Bleak putter. I bag them with the Voodoos.

Latest posts