• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway's Mini Backpack

Bamm

Double Eagle Member
I am pretty excited about this bag. (Thanks Sadjo!) It doesn't have the glamour or hyped cult following of a Voodoo bag or Grip but it is a really compact and efficient bag. I'll say up front that if you have to carry hoodies and lots of extra towels and socks etc, then this is not the bag for you. That being said, this bag's storage will surprise you. Let's start out looking at the discs I have in it. In the main compartment (that has a pvc frame):
Mids -
FR Icon Ghost
10th Anny Buzzz
Z Zone
TP Tourney Tursas
10th Anny Buzzz #2
ESP Comet
GL Mace

Drivers -
Champ Teebird
Star Teebird 150
GL River 170
GL River 163
Calvin and Hobbs Neutron Amp
Opto Saint
TP Stag
TP Underworld
GL Saint
GL XXX

Front "Putter Pocket"
Eraser Wizard beat
Eraser Wizard new
MVP Tensor

Mesh pocket: MVP Nano

That's 17 discs comfortably in the main compartment, 3 very comfortably in the putter pocket and a marker in the front mesh sleeve.
That leaves me two side zip up compartments, two nalgene bottle holders and a separate zip up pocket on the front that holds my deck of Ript Revenge cards.
I also have my Golden Retriever that is tucked down between the bag and the pvc frame. That keeps it locked in unless I need it. The bag is set up to ride pretty high on your back and while it will take me a little bit to adapt to the change, I am really excited about this "little" bag. I think if Voodoo or Grip had come out with this exact bag that it would have set the DG world on it's ear, not sure why Gateway isn't getting the love on this bag. Anyway, that's my take................jerry

Attachments

• Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 89
Thanks for the quality review. I'm definitely intrigued by this bag. I plan on upgrading from my Fade Crunch by year's end, and the Mini Backpack is on the shortlist, so it's always nice to hear someone else's thoughts.

Latest posts