• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Give us some local flavor

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Addin' Some Strokes = Addison Oaks
C@ssholess = the DB's who continuously mess up Cass Benton Hills
Stoner Creek = Stony Creek (i.e. before it got cleaned up w/pay 2 play... things are much, much better now :thmbup:)
Mt. Annie = Mt. Airy
Idlemild = Idlewild from the shorts, ignoring the OB

What colorful names have locals given to courses in your neck of the woods (or to the people who frequent them) over the years?

F£€K Indian Creek! - Every time I mention that course, that is the response I get.
It just stuck...
Oh, it's in Morgan Co here in Jawjuh.

Southeast Park (Columbia, SC) is known as Wallyworld, after the designer, Scott Wallace.

Not in my neck of the woods, but Brandywine is known as Brandywind. Though I played it on a 105 degree, sultry, breezeless summer day. But I can imagine the wind the open hilltop must get.

Leftywood Hills = Lakewood Hills, White Bear Lake, MN
Strokewood = Oakwood, Cottage Grove, MN (now not as tough as it used to be)

Shore Winds DGC - Blue Course: "The Beast"

Joseph Davis State Park: "Joe Davis" "Joe D"

Blatnick Park DGC is on a landfill.............. sometimes called Blatstink, because of the methane vents.

Joralemon was shortened to the J, just because the name was too long and debate still goes on as to HOW to pronounce it.

In my hometown there's a course called Echo Valley that is more known by its local name:

Fort Wenty
I can see a local club getting custom FortWenty stamps on bunch of Vibram 420's... :rolleyes:

Joseph Davis SP is also known as JD or the Dizzle.

Ridge Rats - a derogatory and well deserved name given to the rude, etiquette lacking, thieving young punks who frequent the course at Chestnut Ridge Park.

Scummit = Summit Park, Summit, IL

Rolling Ghettos = North Salk Park, Rolling Meadows, IL

Stoner Creek = Stony Creek (i.e. before it got cleaned up w/pay 2 play... things are much, much better now :thmbup:)
Mt. Annie = Mt. Airy

What colorful names have locals given to courses in your neck of the woods (or to the people who frequent them) over the years?

Hahaha as a visiting player I got a good laugh about the C@ssholes.

As for our locals I have heard;

McFury Park for McCurrey park.
The Zoo for the league at Oregon Park.
Test of Wills for Wills Park.

Mt. Annie = Mt. Airy

My brother lived in S. Korea for the last 6 years. When I went to visit we would go to the foreigner bar a couple of times. Over in Korea there is a really crappy cheap beer called Cass. Well the American owner of the bar had shirts made up that read "Cass is for peasants"

All I could think about was Cass Benton.

And I still write and refer to those types of players as Cassuals