• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Give us some local flavor

In Waco they call Cameron east the beast.

Gateway has a reputation for the occasional walk up on some homosexual activity. Take away the te and add a y.

Z-boaz is the z.

Mostly texans refer to the name of the city they are going to play rather than the course name for some reason. This becomes problematic for multiple course towns like cedar hill.

Buddy- "I'm going to play cedar hill tonight at 6."
Me-"alright, I'll meet you there."
6 pm buddy-" where you at?"
Me- "city hall, you said cedar hill right."
Buddy- " di&k."
Joking aside, if people would say the course name first it would save a lot of texts and name calling.

Addin' Some Strokes = Addison Oaks
Been called that since the course went in.

I was originally really frustrated with the course design because all the courses i'd played prior were short enough for me to shoot near par. I remember shooting +15 there the first time and leaving really pissed off. Then I watched the real pros play there at 92 Worlds and discovered what a rookie I really was.

Got to see Ken Climo win his third title that year. :clap:

Although this is not very creative the course in Felton is called Black Mouse but is often referred to as just the mouse.

Crapital Springs = Captial Springs

Just because it's the most boring of the 4 Madison courses, and also because the 4 in the woods are essentially unplayable all summer due to mosquitoes, which is crappy.

Lake Nockamixon is simply known as Nocki around here

South Mountain is either Southy or SoMo

Sellersville is the Ville

Alexandria is Alex

Iron Hill is called Iron Hell by many lol

Tuckahoe is called ummm lol never mind but it rhymes with Tuck a Hoe

Z Boaz is usually called Zeebo or Zebose.
Mount Lebanon is Mount Leb.
The Austin locals call Barthalemew Park the Bart, and Mary Moore Searight simply MaryMoore.

Up untill recently Gateway West has been given numerous homosexual names because of men having encounters in the woods on the back nine. Not disc golfers, just random gay dudes. Th police have tried to run that all out.

Castle Payne = Castle Hayne, NC - the course can cause mental and physical pain at any give time