• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glenn C. Hilton Park - Hickory, NC--CLOSED

vonDrehle

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey,
Just wanted to let yall know from December 1st, 2009 to sometime in February-March, 2010 the course, along with the rest of the park, will be closed due to the city fixing some sort of sewer/pipe lines running through it. All the events will be moved while the course is closed. To keep up with when the course will open you can check out http://www.hickorydiscgolf.com or just check the course page here as I will update it as soon as it opens. I apologize if you had planned on making your way down to play the course anytime it is closed.

But it is open now, right? I may want to ride out there tomorrow to play it one more time before the hiatus!

Yeah. I just went a head and put Closed in the title so I didn't have to make one thread that said closing then another that said closed in case anyone came here to look it up.

Yikes! Thanks so much for the heads-up on that!

I really enjoyed that course and had been meaning to plan a trip back there soon.. guess it'd better be real soon if I wanna go before next spring.

Yeah there have been rumors about them closing it for a while now but it was only confirmed, as far as I know, sometime last week.

I was there a few weeks back and a local told me it was going to close down in november. I am glad you posted this as I think I will head up there tomorrow.

It's not open yet. I don't know when it will open, but I've heard rumors that it may not be until summer.

It's not open yet. I don't know when it will open, but I've heard rumors that it may not be until summer.

:wall:

Yesterday me and a buddy of mine drove all the way from Charlotte to go play there, only to find it was closed. We got up early and everything... Well now I know, haha!

:wall:

Yesterday me and a buddy of mine drove all the way from Charlotte to go play there, only to find it was closed. We got up early and everything... Well now I know, haha!

I come bearing long awaited good news. Hilton is re-opening this Wednesday, April 7th. Now everybody can head out there and play.

For those who can't believe this news, here's the link
HICKORY - Glenn C. Hilton, Jr. Memorial Park, which is located at 2000 6th Street, NW, will re-open to the public on Wednesday, April 7 at 7 a.m. after being closed for about four months while work was being done on the Cripple Creek sewer line project.

I come bearing long awaited good news. Hilton is re-opening this Wednesday, April 7th. Now everybody can head out there and play.

For those who can't believe this news, here's the link
HICKORY - Glenn C. Hilton, Jr. Memorial Park, which is located at 2000 6th Street, NW, will re-open to the public on Wednesday, April 7 at 7 a.m. after being closed for about four months while work was being done on the Cripple Creek sewer line project.

Excellent! Thanks for the update :clap:

Just to let yall know right I am told holes 7 and 7.5 are still not available to play.

Just to let yall know right I am told holes 7 and 7.5 are still not available to play.

Correct.

Played the course today and talked to the groundskeeper, he told us that in about 2 months the course should be in prime condition. He told us to skip 7-8 but we went ahead and played both holes. Just shot around all diggers and what not. There are tons of pipes everywhere, I think the maintenance issue they had was sewer related? Other than that it wasn't too bad. It was an enjoyable round overall.