• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Glo Buzzz?

MIKEB618

So i have read that the glo buzz is the most stable of the buzz line. I currently have a hornet that i use for overstable mid duties. I dont really like the way the hornet feels in my hand and was wondering if a glo buzz would be a good replacement? If the answer is no then what do you suggest?

I think its correct to say the glow Buzzz is the most overstable Buzzz. Its not as overstable as the Hornet though. I think the Hornet sits in between the Wasp and the Drone. Its not a very glidey disc. I tried filling that slightly overstable mid slot with Wasp/Hornet/Pain/Vector (with the Hornet being the shortest of the bunch) and found that pesonally all I needed was a glow Buzzz. Give that a shot. If you need more os then try the Drone or Zone.

The Glo Buzzz is the most overstable Buzzz. It won't replace your Hornet. I would second the Wasp. A Pro-D Drone might work too once it gets a little seasoned.

I don't see a need for a Hornet in my game between Rhynos, Glow Buzzzes, and a Star Whippet. I like my Buzzzes really heavy, so that might help, too. I'm going to guess if you don't like a Hornet with a bead, you likely won't like a Wasp with a bead either. Pick up a heavy Glow Buzzz and see if that fits you. If it does, you can work with Buzzzes at different weights/wears/plastics.

My mid set up is 3 Buzzz's, ESP Hornet, Comet, Breeze. I really only keep 3 Buzzz's during the week because I just familiarize myself with different ones. However, to comment on the Glo Buzzz, it is more stable. However, I have a couple heavy Z's that are just as stable as my Glo Buzzz's. There was a comment about the Hornet being less glidey. While that is very true for Z Hornets, the ESP Hornets have an exceptional amount of glide. I understand you don't like the feel of a Hornet, but there is really nothing in Discraft's line-up that will give you that stability, at least not the same amount. A Wasp is a little less stable and the Drone is a meathook in most cases.

If you are sticking to Discraft for a certain reason, I would say give an ESP Hornet a try as they are generally a little more domey and have a considerably high amount of glide as compared to Z Hornets. If you are willing to try other brands, maybe give the Cro from Innova a try as it is similar to the Buzzz in feel but with more stability, however like the Hornet lack's a little glide.

Glo Buzzz's, Heavy Z Buzzz's, and ESP Hornet's may be a good option. Wasp as well if you like the beaded feel. Just my $.02