• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

going out today for my second round!!

Flipflat said:
JimW said:
Redisculous said:
The common newbie mindset is: "Ooh, this is a speed 10 driver, so it goes faster

That's what I thought when I bought a Wraith as my first driver :lol:

Same here, bought a Reaper as my first disc, I think it said something about "ultra long range driver" on it. Figured it would go far... :lol:

Mine said that too. Granted, it was a Gazelle at the time...

Flipflat said:
JimW said:
Redisculous said:
The common newbie mindset is: "Ooh, this is a speed 10 driver, so it goes faster

Same here, bought a Reaper as my first disc, I think it said something about "ultra long range driver" on it. Figured it would go far... :lol:

Friend of mine who had only played a couple rounds was buying a few used discs to try out and bought a Reaper because he though overstable meant it would go REALLY straight.

tattoo chris said:
wdb4th said:
When I started almost everyshot was a roller with my DX Cobra.
is that a good thing or bad?
Depends; did you meant to throw a roller? If you meant to throw a roller and then it rolls, then yes- that's a good thing.
If you didn't mean to throw a roller then it is bad.

Basically I think he was saying the disc was too understable and more importantly his form was too bad to keep it in the air for long.

JimW said:
Flipflat said:
JimW said:
Redisculous said:

Friend of mine who had only played a couple rounds was buying a few used discs to try out and bought a Reaper because he though overstable meant it would go REALLY straight.

Hastily I went to Big 5 with my 11yo son before doing any online research. We both got a Destroyer, a Cobra and an Aviar. All in the 170g range. :lol: :lol: On our first round we met a long-time player that smiled and said to leave the Destroyer alone for a good long time. Live and learn. Then re-learn.

Mine was Wraith, Cobra, Polecat. My Wraith problem was solved by me throwing it 30 feet high into a very thick tree during my first round. Switched to an Aviar after getting tired of the Polecat's rim for putting. Still have my original Cobra though, it's great for turnovers and once I get my form ironed out ought to be a nice hyzer flip disc.

Latest posts