• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Good driver for weak arm

Your leopards are going to be a good driver for learning.

However, take your time. Play 10 rounds with putters only, then 10 rounds with putters and midranges only.

It's something I wish I had done at first.

Then, once you're starting to break into fairway drivers and are looking for something other than the leopard, take a look at the Explorer from Latitude 64. Also, all of Prodigy's Fairway line. I bag faster discs but I always find myself leaning on my F3's as work horses. Not a prodigy sponsored player but they have some of the best feeling plastic out there.

Sorry I just listed my driver's. I have a few others. A guy at work bought a bunch of disc then didn't like to play so I bought his. I have a champion panther,champion sidewinder, champion banshee, star TL, Z glide, DX roc , champion beast, star skeeter pro leopard and a star leopard. All were allmost new and I figured it was worth the 20 bucks he wanted

Take all those discs to a field and throw them all 5-10 times. Keep track of whichever one goes the furthest. Then use that as your driver. With the money you didn't spend on a driver go buy a putter like an Innova Aviar Putt and Approach. Then you will have a decent bag of discs to play with.

Or if you are in doubt just use the Pro Leopard.

Sorry I just listed my driver's. I have a few others. A guy at work bought a bunch of disc then didn't like to play so I bought his. I have a champion panther,champion sidewinder, champion banshee, star TL, Z glide, DX roc , champion beast, star skeeter pro leopard and a star leopard. All were allmost new and I figured it was worth the 20 bucks he wanted

I haven't even read the rest of this thread, but I can tell you that you are going to have a lot of fun throwing those discs, testing them out, seeing which ones you like best, and so on.

Watch some videos on good form, go practice in a field or schoolyard, and have fun! :thmbup:

One more dumb thing what do the weights mean on a disc

It's how much they weigh, in grams.

Many people have a favorite weight range. Some like max wt. (around 175g or more), some like me prefer discs in the mid-160s, and some like very lightweight discs in the 150g range or lower.

The bolds are what I suggest starting with.
$20 is a great deal for all those! :thmbup:

The Skeeter too, it is a nice disc one of those odd fast putter like midrange Innova Discs. I have only seen a DX thrown but a micro mini more OS with the Star plastic will help a beginner.

Discraft:
Buzz
Comet
Meteor
Acher

Prodiscus:
STARi
FlIPPERi

Lightning:
#3 Flyer
#3 Slice
#1 Flyer
#1 Driver

Mid to upper 160s River or Roadrunner (Gold Line River and Star Roadrunner).

Infinite Discs Sphinx. You can get it in premium plastic and it starts off like you'd expect a premium plastic Sidewinder or Roadrunner to be. Both of those molds start out way more stable than you'd think they would.

Dx roc for all mid range and upshots
Pro leopard for working on drives it should work into a good turnover/hyzer flip disc
Star leopard for same type of shot when you want a little bit more fade on the finish
Champ banshee for shots into wind or that you need to finish left

I'm loving that Pro Leopard, and also that you have the Star Leopard and TL. That's really a pretty good setup compared to a lot of the first discs we see people talking about. The Glide and Roc and Panther are excellent beginner discs too. Find a nearby course with holes in the 180' to 300' range, and start practicing. Or, in the current viral climate, find an open field but work on your form, e.g. throwing the midranges and fairways (speeds 4 to 7) about 200 to 250 feet.

Enjoy.

Latest posts