• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Good long distance frisbee

I don't throw fuzion anything anymore. They seem to all be much flipper then their counterparts. Didn't used to be the case? Whatever

Very true, my Lucid Witness, and Fuzion Witness might as well be 2 completely different discs, now in this case I like the Fuzion for most shots, because I know it's going to flip hard.

If the opto bolt turns over like you guys say but still has enough low speed stability to fight back to atleast flat it is probably the other best option.

always film landscape.. but I would suggest a pro destroyer or pro boss. you will get about 20 0r 30 more feet out of the destroyer. also I think a 165 champ boss should fly pretty well for distance as long as it isn't a poptop, and the pink blizzard katanas are pretty sweet bombers as well in the 160ish weight, I have a 159 that will turn a good amount but not into the ground and it always hooks up. but there are a lot of discs that u could use for distance. my furtherest throw ever is still with a star wraith. but I have neared it with my pro and star destroyers.

I would say the Opto Bolt is very stable. It Hyzer flips with enough power. But it's better thrown flat. It does very well forehand also on that anhyzer flip. I love the Bolt. My first throw with it was 427' which was my new longest throw. I have since put it 457' my furthest to date.

No, no...Bolt is very understable, even in Opto.

457' and about 100' to the right?

Last edited:
I don't quite throw 500, but my max distance drivers are a 173 gram star boss or a 175 star destroyer. I can release those flat or with medium hyzer and they will turnover a decent amount and essentially ALWAYS flex back. I can hit 450 with those, so I imagine you can probably get them a good ways.The Lat Bolt is also nice. I'd recommend any of those 3 for you

If you're throwing with about 325' of power, I recommend a star leopard and star eagle. The leopard will be straight and you'll be able to force it over to throw anhyzers, especially once it seasons a bit. The eagle will give you a consistent straight flight with a very predictable fade. Until you're throwing farther, you won't need anything faster.

Just reiterating the answer to the question.

Here is a video of me throwing the wraith 510' on that line i was talking about, put it on the highest HD setting and you can kind of track the disc at certain parts of the flight when the backdrop provides good contrast, and see how much left to right movement the flight had.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY7WJvAedoI

That looks weak on snap/armspeed AND bigtime nose-up for a 510 ft throw.

What is going on here with the recent noob epidemic and instant wild claims?

Is the champ turn as glidey as star or is it much more stable and less glidey?

Don't throw the tern if you are hitting 500'. Or a bolt. Or any silly understable distance driver. You are at the point where understable won't be much use IMO. Throw a star destroyer or a giant. For big distance out of the box a gstar destroyer s going to be great. Better than pro IMO, which can be quite flippy. Giant won't turn for you. Destroyers are going to be your new love.

Last edited:
BioFuzion or heavy Lucid Trespasses. They are one of the thinnest wide rimmed drivers out there, in the stability range you are looking for, and just absolutely bomb.

Original question..

Go to store with used discs. Hit the used bin, grab some drivers that feel good with out thinking too much, go to field, sell when you need the cash or to buddies or back to shop.

It was that lil hop-skip-and jump that got the 5 hundo for him.

Could this be total distance in flight? I have met guys on the course that do use some fuzzy math and believe total flight to be their distance.

Noting the hoppity run up, now THAT is very helpful to the original poster. Smooth is far. Smooth is consistent.

can anyone even keep track of that disc?
where did it land?

It was that lil hop-skip-and jump that got the 5 hundo for him.

+1 internets LOL

To the OP: Maybe show us a throw that isn't just a huge flex shot.. hard to to suggest a disc otherwise. My opinion is stick with the wraith in star rather than pro for extra durability :/

Last edited:
BioFuzion or heavy Lucid Trespasses. They are one of the thinnest wide rimmed drivers out there, in the stability range you are looking for, and just absolutely bomb.

That's what I was thinking. Just like a Wraith for me be a little thinner and faster. I'm not throwing 500' but the Trespass does very well for me, especially in a headwind.

Latest posts