• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good understable disc

Stringbean said:
You should try to learn the forehand throwing technique.
I will agree with this statement. Any throwing technique you have a chance to learn you should learn. Forehands, backhands, hammers, thumbers, scoobers, whatever. Different throws cause you to develop your wrist snap and open lines you wouldn't have if you limited yourself to just a backhand.
Much more accurate and reliable than trying to turnover or anny an understable disc with your backhand.
I disagree with this.

The Stratus is a great disc. It can work for a lot of lines and doesn't require a lot of power to use. I don't like it for a headwind though.

Both are very understable and the Stratus is more so. It is very flippy and very straight at very short distances say under 150'. Above it needs finesse and hyzer.

money 21 said:
just because no one mentioned it. The flying squirrel from ABC Disc great disc for turn right shots. the discraft glide as well.

^^^^^^^^^ Agree extremely with both suggestions

SkaBob said:
Comet... Duh.

Comet is straight/stable, like the Buzzz. In fact, Buzzz is like a faster Comet. It isn't a turn over disc.

JHern said:
SkaBob said:
Comet... Duh.

Comet is straight/stable, like the Buzzz. In fact, Buzzz is like a faster Comet. It isn't a turn over disc.
Well it's been a while since I started it and a little update I now have a flying squirrel, comet and a cobra. Don't really throw the cobra anymore but the comet and squirl are both easy understables (at least how I throw them) I honestly haven't thrown them enough yet to see any differences in them. But I'm sure I will eventually

Not to spam the boards with Underworld love, but, if you're still looking for an US driver, I'd point you in that direction. It's an awesome disc for stable to understable lines: super reliable for turnovers and the like. It's a notch more understable in Tournament plastic, which makes the VIP a bit more versatile, but both are awesome discs for that slot in your bag.

Latest posts