• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got the itch, bought a new plotter

philman

Birdie Member
So I've been getting the itch to do some dyes again. After dyeing probably hundereds of discs I never really kept many for myself. So I will be dyeing again for myself and a few close friends. Probably not near the amount I was before. I got really burned out after dyeing a couple of hundered before Bowling Green ams in 2010. I know some things have changed with the Rit dye so I'm looking forward to trying some new things using the I-Dye Poly I've been reading about. Thanks to Dan Howard, BennetUA and the rest of you for keeping this alive. Hopefully I will get my game up enough to post some new stuff here.

PHILMANNNNNN!!!!!

Hope you find the time to get involved in this year's Okthrowberfest, glad you're back in it even if on a much smaller scale, you don't need to do the massive jobs anymore anyway!

Welcome back. And thanks for the old plotter. I've been giving it a workout. :hfive: Looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic work.

With all the talk about plotters, it has got me curious - what do yall use? And also, can anyone make a recommendation for a plotter to be used with a mac?

Plotters

I picked up an MH-Series 31" from UsCutter. I used to have a 24" Creation Pcut which I sold to Eky8. I bought from USCutter because I have had very good experiences with them. I am an IT guy by trade so I don't really have technical issues with setting these up. I would check with USCutter as to which one is good for Mac. I read that the one I bought requires some sort of special Dongle to be used with MAC.

It's Here

Came yesterday

IMAG0610.jpg
[/IMG]

Dialing it in:

IMAG0611.jpg

i've been debating on picking up a plotter...there are a couple of 24" refurbished ones on ebay...has anyone tried one of them?
edit: 28"

What kind of transfer tape are you using? I'm having trouble finding any. Been using masking tape, and it's been doing poorly for me lately.

i've been debating on picking up a plotter...there are a couple of 24" refurbished ones on ebay...has anyone tried one of them?
edit: 28"

What kind of transfer tape are you using? I'm having trouble finding any. Been using masking tape, and it's been doing poorly for me lately.

Never tried a refurb. I purchased both of mine shipped for less than 300.

I use transferite transfer tape. I bought a 6.5 in roll from a local sign supply shop.

UsCutter carries it if you don't mind waiting for shipping.

I use transferite transfer tape. I bought a 6.5 in roll from a local sign supply shop.

They ship really quickly, at least to MI. I think both times I've ordered from them, standard shipping was 2-3 days.

i've got to be slightly cheaper...that's why i've been looking into refurbs and used plotters...my wife doesn't completely agree with the need for one so...you know how that goes...