• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got the itch, bought a new plotter

no...and the thing is she watches me hand-cut these intricate dyes on the regular...you'd think she'd understand!

Such a shame haha.

Luckily my mom had a Cricut that she never used anymore, so I took the liberty of hacking it and turning it into my custom plotter :)

Edit: Sorry for thread hi-jacking philman :(

As long as we're thread jacking. Once you show her all the cool things you can do with a plotter and vinyl besides dye discs she might be more open. I've paid for mine several times over. Dyes is only a small part of what I do with it.

There are tons of different craft ideas you can use it for. My wife loves mine. I've made a bunch of different Christmas and Birthday gifts with it as well as stickers and wall decals. Decorate windows for the holidays etc.

oh man!! she's been on pintrest non-stop for the past 2 weeks....i may be getting a nice one!! thanks guys...and sorry for the thread derail....and congrats on the new plotter!!

Not to further derail this thread, but as long as the question was asked "what else do you do with it??"...

Pick up some of this stuff from the craft store and customize drinking glasses/mugs/candle jars/essentially anything made of glass...

I like to cut these little ones out of scraps, they easily sell for a buck or two but are more fun to give away! I'm gonna try the glass etching one of these days...

dbdiscerstickersDSC_7694.jpg

DGsDSC_7692.jpg

zappa2.jpg

Latest posts