• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GottaGoGottaThrow Flight Chart Critique

Craton

Double Eagle Member
I was wondering if anyone has found things to be off on Joe's Universal Flight Chart: GGGT Flight Chart

So far, I've had a few issues with it, and would love to see them updated.

1) Teerex. It's not only listed on Innova's site as pretty much bogus, but on Joe's as well. If you've thrown a Teerex, not a Tee-Rex or Teerex-X, you'd know that they are more like a long range Valk/Beast pattern- No matter the weight for me, I get a Huge "S" at the speed they are intended once they get just slightly worn in.

2) The Katana is pegged down right next to the Monarch but with only a tiny bit more fade on the chart... I'd say this is one of the biggest errors. Katana's have HUGE fade, while every Monarch I've seen is just as it says: a very slight fade.

3) It'd be nice to have discs that are no longer in print still on here, or available on another page. I'm not asking him to track down every disc ever- I'm just saying there was stuff on the old chart that I still use and so do other people that is no longer available to us. Not a huge complaint, but just saying...

That's it for now, I know I have more, but I want to let you guys add before I go off- feel free to see what changes you'd make, etc. I LOVE this flight chart, and am just wanting to do this as an additional resource for them to use in the future- thanks Joe!

**Also, I would prefer if you guys save your OATs for your goats, because I know I have very good form, throw flat around 450', so don't say that I'm throwing too much arm speed or anny-ing my Teerexes.**

I've also noticed TeeRexes being flippy. I recently had a TeeRex-X that was flippier than a Beast.

TeeRex's are just all over the place. I had one that was awesome with a great big S line and it just huge amounts of distance...then it met it's fate when crash landing into some rocks and just totally ruining the edge. Bought the closest match I could find (in person, with old disc in hand) and this one is an overstable pig...like Innova says they're "supposed" to be.

TeeRex isn't supposed to be a disc that I can throw well, I don't generate consistent enough snap to really throw things the left side of that old innova flight chart...but this disc is ridiculous.

\/\/

go to discgolfreview.com's forum

The creator of the flight chart is an admin on those forums (i think). Anyways, his name is Blake (i think). The forums are down atm, which is why I cant confirm any of this, but when they come back up you should check out his thread on his flight chart. He asks for suggestions and explain why he has chosen to rate discs the way he has.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/
Should be back up monday.

Either you have all bunk discs or your form is Quaker.

Blake doesn't seem big on promoting botique discs but you can find the rating for many oop in fdm or dgm of years past.

much like the ratings system, its just a guide... it's not meant to be absolute...

for me, i find that it's accurate enough to give me a general idea of what i can expect from a disc.... obviously many factors can change a disc's performance (weight discrepancies, variances, your own arm strength, etc.)

but overall, apples to apples, its close enough that it helps me gauge what i own, what i need, and what discs MIGHT be solutions to my problem.

it's not the DG bible.
nor was it intended to be... (kudos to "joe" for assembling it....)

The creator of the flight chart is an admin on those forums (i think). Anyways, his name is Blake (i think). The forums are down atm, which is why I cant confirm any of this, but when they come back up you should check out his thread on his flight chart. He asks for suggestions and explain why he has chosen to rate discs the way he has.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/
Should be back up monday.

You're right on both, Blake T

If I had a complaint about the flight chart though, its the Trident vs XXX.

You guys have to remember that dan beto is the one doing a lot of the throwing of the discs with blake since blake does not throw much anymore so discs like the trident fly different for him than they do for the rest of us. They probably did the teerex review when the teerex first came out and that mold has been messed with and changed so many times so give them a break. Also, the katana and monarch fly pretty similarly imo. If you have any complaints with it feel free to send them an email or give them a call and I am sure they would love to discuss it with you.

I've thrown a million discs, and I used to sweat over the small incongruencies between my experience and Blake's chart. The fact is that discs are really inconsistent...Blake often samples only a couple different discs from early runs in a single time and place...Because of this not all the ratings match up with the discs that you go today and buy off the shelves. Its the nature of the game...and why there is so much discussion in the equipment sections of DGR and DGCR.

Latest posts