• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greeting from Norfok, VA

tortuga79

Joined last night to get a value on a disc but browse for a few months.

I live in Norfolk, VA and we have a fair amount of small courses for the area. I have been throwing almost 2 years. I went to a park where I used to take my daughter and saw people throwing, asked. Go get a starter pack then hooked like crack lol.

I am constantly working on form which is not great yet but I will never get the arm speed if I don't. Challenging, fun, love it. Prefer wooded courses to open.
Hello to all.

Thank you Mono, I did see your name on almost all courses down here. PM if you like I'd like to know more. I grew up in Germantown MD, and graduated from Watkins Mill.

If you haven't yet, go play Northwest River Park down in Chesapeake. Really wooded, super fun course. Some of the 'pars' are a bit off because they're super-generous, but it's just a fun track worthy of multiple rounds. Munden Point also isn't far from there if you want a two-fer, also a fun play in a nice park.

Last edited:
Thank you Mono, I did see your name on almost all courses down here. PM if you like I'd like to know more. I grew up in Germantown MD, and graduated from Watkins Mill.

Nice. Blair kid here, and I used to work a block from Watkins Mill Road (near Seneca Creek State Park, which is a must-play if you find yourself out this way).

Last weekend we had planned to visit a friend in Portsmouth who was hosting a crawfish boil, but postponed for bad weather. Hoping to get down that way one of these days.

Welcome to the site.

I'm local to the 757. There are some good clubs in the area. Tidewater United is Norfolk based and a good group of folks. PM me if you have any questions.

If you haven't yet, go play Northwest River Park down in Chesapeake. Really wooded, super fun course. Some of the 'pars' are a bit off because they're super-generous, but it's just a fun track worthy of multiple rounds. Munden Point also isn't far from there if you want a two-fer, also a fun play in a nice park.

NWRP is the one in the campground correct? I've only gotten to throw at Munden once. I get it between Poplar, Lafayette, and Bayville. Been checking out Northgate when in VB haven't finished that one yet. Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I'm local to the 757. There are some good clubs in the area. Tidewater United is Norfolk based and a good group of folks. PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you! Yes I was a member of Tidewater last year. Haven't played any weekly's this year as I am still changing/working on Form. I am Joe and can be recognized on the course by my Trademark National Geographic hat. Thanks to all for the Welcome!

NWRP is the one in the campground correct? I've only gotten to throw at Munden once. I get it between Poplar, Lafayette, and Bayville. Been checking out Northgate when in VB haven't finished that one yet. Greetings.

Yes, there's a campground, equestrian center, mini golf, paddleboats, fishing and lots of trails. It's a huge park down the south part of Chesapeake. When I've been in town that's the course I prefer to play. The tees are gravel, but they seem to keep them somewhat maintained. I prefer wooded courses, too. It's more wooded than Bayville.

Last edited:

Latest posts