• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

20140929_195626_zpsgdlnijwe.jpg

hey, our water bottles are twinsies! :hfive:

👍 Nice zipper pulls. They go great with the camo.

Speaking of water bottles, what have you found to be the best bottle to fit in there?

Speaking of water bottles, what have you found to be the best bottle to fit in there?

The ones like they have in those pictures. The camelbak whatevers. I can't remember the name but you can find them easily online. I have a lot of nalgene tritan big mouths but they are just too snug for the c14. The camelbaks are nice though. I carry two and it's enough for one round. If I was in a really hot and long tournament round I'd want more water than that but any decent tournament should have water coolers to refill every six holes or so.

How well insulated are the holders? Would it be worth it to get 24oz hydroflasks instead or do the cup holders keep it decently cold for a while? Just to the point where its not hot water by the end of the round.

I found the ones you are referring to though. Camelbak chute is the name I believe. $12 vs the hydroflask - $21 but if its worth it for the hot summer months I guess I could pick up one of each.

How well insulated are the holders? Would it be worth it to get 24oz hydroflasks instead or do the cup holders keep it decently cold for a while? Just to the point where its not hot water by the end of the round.

I found the ones you are referring to though. Camelbak chute is the name I believe. $12 vs the hydroflask - $21 but if its worth it for the hot summer months I guess I could pick up one of each.

I've only used mine in mild weather. They didn't stay cold long but never got hot. I was also planning on getting a 24oz Hydro Flask for warmer days.

This is exactly what I've been looking for... A backpack that can hold a couple more discs than my single strap bag, but not anything oversized, I don't carry much besides water/wallet/1or2beers/phone/keys.

Just ordered my bag the other day, got it in teal. Super stoked. Shout out to Jason at 208 Discs in Boise, got the bag shipped for 185 and he threw in some matching zipper pulls for free.

Should be here early next week. Ill try to throw up pics and do a review video as soon as I can.

This is awesome to hear. Before I read this I watched the review and emailed him asking him on shipping, etc. since Grip's site is ~$213 shipped. So I hope I can get a similar deal, but even if it's the same price I'd like supporting someone like that.

I can't believe they don't come with a rain fly. Major oversight IMO...unless they're just trying to milk customers for an extra $20 by selling it separately.

I can't believe they don't come with a rain fly. Major oversight IMO...unless they're just trying to milk customers for an extra $20 by selling it separately.

It's been said here a few times. They posted on their facebook and website I believe exactly why. For starters it wasn't going to be ready by the time they released the bag. So they didn't want to delay the bag because of the rainfly and also because a lot of people don't even use the rainfly so instead of making the bag $199.99 with a rainfly that some customers don't want you can make the bag $179.99 with the rainfly being optional. No difference to the customer. You can still get your rainfly and pay for it if you want. Just makes it easier on the people who want to pay less than $200 and don't care about a rainfly. It's not like they're making more money by selling the rainfly separately. The customer was always going to pay for that rainfly but now you don't have to if you don't want it.

At least the rainfly on the C14 is going to be a whole redesign for the rainfly. Its not just a single cover anymore, so to me its justifiable for them to sell it like they are.

It's been said here a few times. They posted on their facebook and website I believe exactly why. For starters it wasn't going to be ready by the time they released the bag. So they didn't want to delay the bag because of the rainfly and also because a lot of people don't even use the rainfly so instead of making the bag $199.99 with a rainfly that some customers don't want you can make the bag $179.99 with the rainfly being optional. No difference to the customer. You can still get your rainfly and pay for it if you want. Just makes it easier on the people who want to pay less than $200 and don't care about a rainfly. It's not like they're making more money by selling the rainfly separately. The customer was always going to pay for that rainfly but now you don't have to if you don't want it.

Yeah, I think as long as they don't charge too much more for the rainfly separately than they would if it was included, then it's better for the customer. I personally don't think I'll use it, so it's saving me $20. Maybe I'll change my mind if I get dumped on, but usually if it's raining to a point where it's soaking my bag, I'm not out discing anyways.

So I'm this close to pulling the trigger on getting one of these, but I have a capacity question for you guys that are carrying this bag.

First off, I know the bag will break in and expand some and that's great, but I do NOT want to overstress the steams off the bat and damage the bag. So what I'm hoping to be able to fit COMFORTABLY in this bag is the following line up:

2 putting putters in the quiver

main compartment:
2 throwing putters
3 midranges
9 drivers
total 16 discs
are those putters and mids going to kill my capacity in the main compartment or not? I really want to get this bag, but my throwing putters and mids are absolutely mandatory. I could probably retire a driver or two, but my putters and mids are my bread and butter.

Oh, and it goes without saying that I still need to fit my XXL hodie, a case of beer, a change of shoes, and enough food for 72 hours in the wilderness in the bag too ;-)

So I'm this close to pulling the trigger on getting one of these, but I have a capacity question for you guys that are carrying this bag.

First off, I know the bag will break in and expand some and that's great, but I do NOT want to overstress the steams off the bat and damage the bag. So what I'm hoping to be able to fit COMFORTABLY in this bag is the following line up:

2 putting putters in the quiver

main compartment:
2 throwing putters
3 midranges
9 drivers
total 16 discs
are those putters and mids going to kill my capacity in the main compartment or not? I really want to get this bag, but my throwing putters and mids are absolutely mandatory. I could probably retire a driver or two, but my putters and mids are my bread and butter.

Oh, and it goes without saying that I still need to fit my XXL hodie, a case of beer, a change of shoes, and enough food for 72 hours in the wilderness in the bag too ;-)

I've got 2 putters in the quiver. 7 drivers, 3 mids, and 2 putters in the main compartment. I could squeeze another driver in there but it makes it kind of tight getting discs in/out.

You can fit 3 putters in the quiver if you don't cinch it up too far. That should give you enough room in the main until it loosens up a bit.

This is going to sound ridiculous, but has anyone thought about getting a towch to attach to their bag to hold their putters and using the quiver for storage in the winter coming winter months when a hoodie or something might be needed?

Screw it, I'm just gonna go ahead and pull the trigger. I've been obsessively researching bags for a while now, might as well finally get one. If it 16 discs turns out to just be a no go for me (its gonna be trimming down a bit, but I think that will end up being a good thing) I can always upgrade to the A series and give the C to my GF. Shoutout to Jason at 208 discs, gave me a sweet deal and is a hard guy to say no to

This is going to sound ridiculous, but has anyone thought about getting a towch to attach to their bag to hold their putters and using the quiver for storage in the winter coming winter months when a hoodie or something might be needed?
Roll with 14 in the winter and the quiver will be open for storage. If 14 isn't enough your not doing it right. Towch is gay

Latest posts