• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Eagle-L ?

Malawi

Par Member
So im planning to get a Eagle, havent throwed it before but i have heard good stuff about it and it will probably be a nice fh disc for me.

Dont want it to be to stable but not to flippy. The L mold seems to be hard to get but i found the Gstar L mold, has anyone throw them? how are they?

Can only find max weight(175g) atm.

The Infinite Exodus is the Eagle-L mold.

I've thrown the G* EL, they're nice, closer to a TL3 than a Star Eagle-X. Just pretty straight with the tiniest turn and very moderate fade out of the box.

The Infinite Exodus is the Eagle-L mold.

I've thrown the G* EL, they're nice, closer to a TL3 than a Star Eagle-X. Just pretty straight with the tiniest turn and very moderate fade out of the box.

Aahaa ok, do you know what plastic is closest to a star? I have no experience with that brand.

Cheers for the info!

Its hard to choose the right one, i can choose from these diffrent types/plastics from where i live without have to pay extra taxes.

Innova Eagle INNFuse star
Innova Eagle L - Gstar
Regular Innova Eagle X
Exodus I-Blend
Exodus Splatter S-Blend
Exodus Signature metal flake C-Blend

Leaning towards a I-Blend, trying to get some info on stability of these molds, i really want a flat one or slightly domey is ok.
C-Blend says to be flat but kinda overstable.

What do you guys think or tried any?

Current run of EX is almost banshee stable. Innfuse is also going to be an X mold though not quite as OS. The innfuse process flattens out the top so that they have a closer profile to the older runs.

I'd be super curious about the metal flake C-blend Exodus if they are flattish. The older runs of EL that are coveted were pretty flat champy material. Might be the stuff that frisbee dreams are made of. Please report back.

I found the star blends all have inconsistent dome. OTB shows the Splatter S-Blend Exodus as neutral to somewhat domey (4-5 on OTB scale). The Exodus DGCR thread called out the I-Blend as generally very Domey (5-6 on OTB scale) and not overstable. I think prior GStar iterations of the Eagle mold have been on the domey side as well.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129832
https://www.google.com/search?q=gst...YwiCjcQrQIoBHoECE4QBQ&biw=1814&bih=1009&dpr=1

My experience with the metal flake color glow C-blend Exodus is they are more neutral dome and slightly overstable which sounds like what you want. Not sure what the plain metal flake C-blend Exodus profile and flight look like but they haven't been reviewed on Infinite's site or uploaded to OTB.

I found the star blends all have inconsistent dome. OTB shows the Splatter S-Blend Exodus as neutral to somewhat domey (4-5 on OTB scale). The Exodus DGCR thread called out the I-Blend as generally very Domey (5-6 on OTB scale) and not overstable. I think prior GStar iterations of the Eagle mold have been on the domey side as well.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129832
https://www.google.com/search?q=gst...YwiCjcQrQIoBHoECE4QBQ&biw=1814&bih=1009&dpr=1

My experience with the metal flake color glow C-blend Exodus is they are more neutral dome and slightly overstable which sounds like what you want. Not sure what the plain metal flake C-blend Exodus profile and flight look like but they haven't been reviewed on Infinite's site or uploaded to OTB.

Great stuff, thanks! Ye I-Blend doesnt seems like the best or flatter "eagle".
So Metal flake then, hm but C-line isnt that like innove champion plastic?
I dont like that plastic at all. Or is the metal flake kinda diffrent from it?

C-Blend is equivalent to a Champion blend (which can be pretty varied run to run). The modifiers Metal flake, Glow, and Color Glow mean the same. Generally the Color Glow is a softer/gummier feeling blend that has slightly quicker break-in period. Plain Glow (white or without color additives) can be similar feeling/durability but is generally more stiff. Metal flake is usually similar feel to Champion but can be on the stiffer side. A lot of people like the Color Glow feel and grip since its not far off from Star or Pro blends.

If you're not averse to throwing baseline plastics you may want at least one DX Eagle-X. They don't get overly flippy for a while and even then they'll still be useful

Latest posts