• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] GStar or Blizzard Beast?

I'm about done with my Orc. Not enough high speed turn, and too much fade. I'm looking at switching to the Beast, but am having trouble deciding on plastic. I want to throw further, so I am considering the Blizzard Champion plastic, but living in the Northwest where it is constantly raining, I like the grip of the GStar plastic. What would you all recommend?:confused::confused:

Do you want the old mold beast or the new mold beast?

Or wait is the current mold the old mold? Which would mean the current mold is also the old mold...?

I only use Blizzard plastic in the winter when the air is thiner, so I would get both, what the heck you only live once.

Also, what does Innova have available in plastics for the beast, it was my understanding all the jolly launcher champs and gstars are the x-mold, and they had the L molds that most know with the -2/2 turn fade in Star only left.

Yeah all the g* beasts I've ever seen were pretty good feeling. (All x mold I guess?)

The right champ beast though is just awesome for straight-line distance. I constantly use my luster champ beast for ~300+ frozen rope RHBH holes. I play in a dry climate though and can always hold it great. Champ does suck in wet conditions.

I would strongly recommend against getting anything blizzard. The plastic sucks and the discs are seldom the stability they're advertised as. Most often they're much flippier.

A Beast is a good alternative to an Orc if you want a slightly less stable disc. I'd almost try both a new and old mold Beast and figure out which one you like more. Just don't make either of them a blizzard disc.

I would also recommend against Blizzard. The stability varies greatly from disc to disc and the durability is really low. The rim bubbles causes the surface to tear up really quickly making the disc way less stable than when it was new. It's not a good plastic, I'm definitely not going to get any more blizzard discs. G* is quite nice tho, it typically makes discs more glidey than star / champion giving you great carry

Latest posts