• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] GT Banger Love?

I use the GT as a crutch, I figure if I put my thumb in the same place every putt... That's one less variable to worry about.

So far it has really helped.

I would love to see other makers (cough*cough Pure GT) mess around with putter indents.

So I recently picked up one of those new swirly esp glo bangers, and it's awesome. I recall someone saying infinite was thinking about doing a run of some flavor of esp bangers soon, anyone got any info?

So I recently picked up one of those new swirly esp glo bangers, and it's awesome. I recall someone saying infinite was thinking about doing a run of some flavor of esp bangers soon, anyone got any info?

The ESP ones have been up on Infinite for a week or two now.

Are you still liking the new ESP Banger GT?

The ESP ones have been up on Infinite for a week or two now.

Are you still liking the new ESP Banger GT?

I am. I scooped one of the new ones on Cyber Monday as well. They are nice and stable. A little slick, but once it's beat in a bit I'm sure it'll be better.

Attachments

• IMG_20191209_170454943.jpg
    IMG_20191209_170454943.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 41
I recently got one of the 2020 ledgestone bangers, I think it has some z mixed in because it is pretty transparent. But after a few throws I can say it is less stable than my 2015 ti's or my swirly esp's, but still stable. Seems like it is going to last forever, what has everyone else's impressions been?

I recently got one of the 2020 ledgestone bangers, I think it has some z mixed in because it is pretty transparent. But after a few throws I can say it is less stable than my 2015 ti's or my swirly esp's, but still stable. Seems like it is going to last forever, what has everyone else's impressions been?

I've seen a few of the Ti Swirls for the Ledgestone run that had more Z in the mix. Couldn't find the right color, so I didn't pick one up. Good thing for my wallet, because though I love the feel of the Banger, and I mess around with a 2015 Ti and some modified Jawbreakers in the backyard, I just don't have a spot for it in my bag.

I've seen a few of the Ti Swirls for the Ledgestone run that had more Z in the mix. Couldn't find the right color, so I didn't pick one up. Good thing for my wallet, because though I love the feel of the Banger, and I mess around with a 2015 Ti and some modified Jawbreakers in the backyard, I just don't have a spot for it in my bag.

Ya the wallet is the big concern for me too. I have 6 in premium plastic now so I think I should be good for the next 5 years as long as I don't loose any, with how long this plastic seems to last.

Does the roach just beat it out for you, or what is keeping it out of your bag?

My Cousin uses the Banger GT for his driving putter in Soft X and the Soft Pro D as his putters but he could use the Jawbreaker should the Soft Pro D putting stash he has ever get used up on him. He was one of two that got me into Disc Golf. Before the Steady came out, the mold was one of the closer discs not made by the Gateway Factory to a Wizard in shape and flight.

Last edited:
Ya the wallet is the big concern for me too. I have 6 in premium plastic now so I think I should be good for the next 5 years as long as I don't loose any, with how long this plastic seems to last.

Does the roach just beat it out for you, or what is keeping it out of your bag?

Putt with a JB Roach, and I have several Cryztal, Ti, and Big Z Roaches that I can throw for up shots well enough. But most of the time I use a Zone if I've the room for a bit of fade, or a Blowfly for straight or turnover approaches (already way more approach discs than I need...)

Putt with a JB Roach, and I have several Cryztal, Ti, and Big Z Roaches that I can throw for up shots well enough. But most of the time I use a Zone if I've the room for a bit of fade, or a Blowfly for straight or turnover approaches (already way more approach discs than I need...)

I get ya, I have a zone in the bag as well but it is a niche disc for me, for upshots I like to play catch with the basket and the banger is so good for that. Now if they would just put the esp one back into production! :wall:

Curious if anyone else has thrown the Ledgestone Colorshift Z Banger. Mine flies like my three year old Jawbreaker, dead straight when released flat with 150' to 200' of power.

If they are all like this I may need to get a couple more. The dark drab colors it "shifts" to means I may spend a bit of time searching for it however.

Curious if anyone else has thrown the Ledgestone Colorshift Z Banger. Mine flies like my three year old Jawbreaker, dead straight when released flat with 150' to 200' of power.

If they are all like this I may need to get a couple more. The dark drab colors it "shifts" to means I may spend a bit of time searching for it however.

I have one and have thrown it a bit. Mine is significantly more overstable than what you describe. I think you got a rando/fluke, based on 5 years of throwing BGTs in various premium plastics.

Latest posts