• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hamer pounds?

ReinZ_96

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I dont understand it, it doesn't fricking work. Every time I try the fake grip thing it just hurts like hell even with the tape on and it still rips up my finger and hand. I just ******* quit

either you have soft girly hands or you are squeezing way too hard. i do them and it definitely will give you a callous but shouldn't hurt you that badly.

the drills do work. if you have done them properly even once you will feel the recoil and understand how they help.

try using less pressure and relaxing your arm a bit.

You need to read the thread on the incomplete secret technique to develop an understanding, and have more patience than a spoiled 7 year old girl.

It's the fake grip 2 that gives me problems cuz no mater how hard I squeeze it the disc won't stay flat and when I try to to the drill it just spins and falls out out my hand

if the disc isn't staying flat then either your wrist or arm are not flat. try doing it without the disc and just try to get the feel and good recoil.

I can do it with out the disc then I added the disc ad could keep it flat but it like hooks in my finger and flips in towards my body, I don't have a clue whats going wrong here.

Try using Aerobie Ring, esp the 13" diameter one. I always hammer pound with Aerobie Ring before I play a round (I play disc golf everyday).

check out the technique sticky, its in there.

I for one haven't really gotten the hammer pound down either, but i still attempt it.

If it makes you feel any better I can't do them either. It kills my wrist after a very short session. I have torn cartilage in my wrist and it aggravates it pretty quick and then it hurts for a few weeks. I can get away with playing DG a few times a week without any problems but the drill kills it immediately.

in addition to improving your throw, the hammer pound drills increase your virility and make you more attractive to women.

I've read the hammer pound thing about half a dozen times and still have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do. Typical confusing DGR writing. The overuse of vaque terminology makes it impossible to understand.

I've read the hammer pound thing about half a dozen times and still have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do. Typical confusing DGR writing. The overuse of vaque terminology makes it impossible to understand.

That's mainly why I couldn't understand them, quite vague and the vids are very low quality so u can't see completely how to do it.

Latest posts