• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Harry Myers Park - Rockwall, TX

ntxdiscgolf

Par Member
Just an FYI to all of the DFW disc golfers. The Rockwall DGA (with funding from the city) installed a new foot bridge on #6 this weekend. It changes the path taken from the teepad to the basket. We hope everyone enjoys the added convenience that the bridge brings to the layout of the course. We'd also like to take this opportunity to thank the city of Rockwall for their support in making our course one of the top choices for disc golf in the metroplex, as well as the state.
Also, if any of you are interested, you can check out our website at www.rockwalldga.com; and while your there, sign up for the Icebowl taking place on the 27th of this month, benefiting The Helping Hands of Rockwall County.

Too cool. Can you share any plans for future course improvements? I heard something about a bulletin board and practice basket? I've been wanting to see the OB defined on hole 17, not sure how that could be done permanently.

giles - we do have the okay from the city to put in a message/bulletin board. That will most likely be one of our next projects. Like the bridge, the city will fund the project and the club will build it. The city wants the board to be fitting with the existing structures (pavillions, etc) already in the park. The city has been awesome in providing support - we're very lucky in that aspect. We were pushing to get the bridge done in time for Icebowl later this month.

We also got the okay from the city to move forward with the practice basket, so you should see that fairly soon. I'll pm you when that's completed.

Lastly, there are OB markings on the trees that line the southwest side of 17. However, I will bring it up at our next meeting as an issue that players would like to see better defined.

As a member of the RDGA, it's great to hear feedback from the players. PM me sometime and I'll meet you out there for a round.

I will try to attend the Ice Bowl, that may be the next time I make the trip. Hope to see you then. Thanks for the info and giving that great course the local support it needed.

I will try to attend the Ice Bowl, that may be the next time I make the trip. Hope to see you then. Thanks for the info and giving that great course the local support it needed.

Great. Hope you can make it.

Love the course. Glad to see some more flow to #6, been out there a couple of times and usually just dropped the bag at the #5 pin, walked with a disc and threw. Nice improvements!

Played Turner for the first time this weekend and really enjoyed the mando markings they have out there (arrows posted on trees). I think this could work for the mando on #17 and #18. Have spent plenty of time helping someone find a disc in the nasty brush to the left of #17, it's killer.

See you at the icebowl. Popping my tourney cherry finally!

Love the course. Glad to see some more flow to #6, been out there a couple of times and usually just dropped the bag at the #5 pin, walked with a disc and threw. Nice improvements!

Played Turner for the first time this weekend and really enjoyed the mando markings they have out there (arrows posted on trees). I think this could work for the mando on #17 and #18. Have spent plenty of time helping someone find a disc in the nasty brush to the left of #17, it's killer.

See you at the icebowl. Popping my tourney cherry finally!

Awesome. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Be sure to pre-register online to receive your $10 discount. The players pack will include a stamped Proline DGA disc and an event T-shirt just to name a few. Also, don't forget to bring your 5 canned goods.

Playing Rockwall tomorrow. Several of my friends have played it and claim it's the best in DFW. Can't wait to finally play this course!

Found a disc out at Harry Myers on Saturday. If you can ID it, it's yours.

round, made of plastic, has some writing on it. any other questions?

played harry myers today for the 1st time today. really tough course 1st time our, put just a great time.

thank you to cowen, garrett, and to casey for helping me navigate today. a great group to play in with if you get the chance.

oh, and watch out for the brick in the tree on the back nine. sorry, don't remember the hole.

razorsmith.com

Just an FYI to all of the DFW disc golfers. The Rockwall DGA (with funding from the city) installed a new foot bridge on #6 this weekend. It changes the path taken from the teepad to the basket. We hope everyone enjoys the added convenience that the bridge brings to the layout of the course. We'd also like to take this opportunity to thank the city of Rockwall for their support in making our course one of the top choices for disc golf in the metroplex, as well as the state.
Also, if any of you are interested, you can check out our website at www.rockwalldga.com; and while your there, sign up for the Icebowl taking place on the 27th of this month, benefiting The Helping Hands of Rockwall County.

Yes!!!!!! I lost a white DX Innova T-Bird. Name is Trey. Hope that you found mine. It weighs 175 or 174. Pretty sure 175. Never mind, this is an old thread.

Last edited: