• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

:confused:
I haven't seen any disc golf companies try to mimic anything from the mahal.

I present to you, the No Excuses Mahal knock off.

154330_387833354625531_414775320_n.jpg

As well as the PF Knock-off.

420534_258224884257830_1898052661_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. That mouthbreather needs to kick rocks. I also believe Phil Arthur was sponsored by them last year. Not positive though.

472274_3002337218180_1254836092_32578741_1123262963_o.jpg

Last edited:
I present to you, the No Excuses Mahal knock off.

154330_387833354625531_414775320_n.jpg

As well as the PF Knock-off.

420534_258224884257830_1898052661_n.jpg

You mean the custom bag that the customer themselves have asked for, and the one-off prototype that never made it remotely close to production? Real quality examples there. How about the Ozark, which I'm pretty sure existed before the Mahal? (could be wrong on that timeline though)

He asked. I provided some examples. Sorry that are not good enough for your standards. I apologize.

I have a 2nd edition mahal and love everything about it but do have 2 complaints.

1--the umbrella holder straps don't stay tight and I have lost my umbrella a couple times during rounds and when it is tight is forces my putters out of the putter pocket.
2-- there is no reall good place to hold my stool or long rounds or tourneys. I extended one of the pockets to hold a couple drivers. And the other outer pocket holds my camelback and extra towles. I guess I could fit it in one of the cup holders or one of the outside pockets but then there is nothing to strap in it

Anyone got suggestions?

He asked. I provided some examples. Sorry that are not good enough for your standards. I apologize.

Those pics make the argument for me. Physical flight and no excuses both tried out a Mahal style bag and didn't go through with mass production. They thought about copying the mahal, and decided against it.

And no, Phil was not sponsored by Mystery Ranch.

Look, if you're a Mystery fan, I have nothing against you. I just called Gonnagal out when he said all the other companies were mimicking the Mahal. It's simply not true.

Those pics make the argument for me. Physical flight and no excuses both tried out a Mahal style bag and didn't go through with mass production. They thought about copying the mahal, and decided against it.

Look, if you're a Mystery fan, I have nothing against you. I just called Gonnagal out when he said all the other companies were mimicking the Mahal. It's simply not true.

I didn't say all and if I did that is obviously a false statement.

check out phil arthur's murdered out custom mahal. dont ask for one though,hes sponsored by mystery ranch

472274_3002337218180_1254836092_32578741_1123262963_o.jpg

Not saying someone who's either hiding behind a secondary account, or simply been around less than 2 months doesn't know what they're talking about... but I'm going to lean towards Booter and the pic of Phil's custom made Mahal with the Mystery Ranch logo right next to his PDGA number. Oh.. And No Excuses doesn't do production runs, so of course they 'didn't go through with it.'

Anyway.. Off of a topic that doesn't really matter at all.

Got my mahal in.. It's a thing of pure beauty. Murdered out, with a black towel, black Ions, and a grim reaper DD Dyemax mini (with a black Nano underneath it). Thing's sick.. And incredibly comfortable. My only complaint is the cupholders, not a fan of the elastic and think they could be more insulated. Other than that, no complaints at all. I even stretched out the putter pocket to be able to hold 4 comfortably, thing is everything I could've hoped for and more. No silly gimmicks, nothing unnecessary, just an incredibly sick bag that rides more comfortably than I could have imagined.

Not saying someone who's either hiding behind a secondary account, or simply been around less than 2 months doesn't know what they're talking about...

This is exactly why I didn't reply to him. Just not worth my time or energy to argue with a troll.

that rides more comfortably than I could have imagined.

This is the best thing about the bag for me. I also love the expandable/collapsible aspect because I don't carry a ton of discs (always less than 20), but I carry more when I am trying stuff out (or bringing discs to family gatherings) and I carry more stuff if my 14 month old comes with me to the course. So I have two bags in one. I can have a smaller bag for when I'm not trying stuff out or when my daughter doesn't come with me, but I can make the same bag larger when I need it.

But again, the comfort is by far the best thing for me. The amount of disc golf I've played over the past week would normally require a few days (sometimes a lot more) rest to heal my back. My back has not even hinted at having any issues since I bought the Mahal in December. It is so nice to be able to play as much as I want without my back giving out on me.

And I'll say something I've said before, this is coming from a casual player (no tournies nor leagues) and teacher with a stay-at-home wife and soon-to-be 2 kids (not a lot of disposable income). The Mahal was worth every penny to me; so, I cannot imagine how valuable it would be to someone with more disposable income who was less of a casual.

Phil was sponsored by them,do some research or just ask the man himself. He also owned a black and pink mahal prior to that murdered out mahal. Mystery ranch only makes custom bags for those sponsored or if they were early prototypes. Matty o had a custom one as well, maroon and camo.

Just sold my Mahal today. I'm glad it will be back out on the course, and not sitting in my closet anymore.

I just popped in a Innova U Shape divider that I trimmed to fit and it really helps with the stability of the bag when you set it down. It should also even out the wear on bottom where after a few rounds I could see a definite line where the point of the discs was contacting the ground through the bag.

Had my mahal for a week now. It's the tits. Super comfortable, can put whatever I want in it, even got myself a CamelBak and this week during our club's mini/ace run I didn't have to touch my water bottle, meaning no wet or cold hand that I'd have to dry off before I threw. This thing is so nice it's redik.

Love being able to throw a stack of putters in the side compartment for practice, without emptying what I normally carry out of the bag.

Latest posts