• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Wow, that's too bad. One of the reasons that I invested in the Mahal was that I was impressed by the family atmosphere of their production facility and how they invested in their employees. I would guess that they treat their employees in the Philippines fairly, but it's a little different then providing employment in their home community of Bozeman.

Have they grown that much?

I'd also be pissed. And I'd be calling on Monday to tell them so. I'd been considering a replacement/upgrade. This would be a deal breaker.

yDcNiOu.jpg

:thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:
I don't doubt it's every bit as good, but it isn't what they promise.
I'd be angry they lied, and I'd tell them so. Then id go enjoy the best bag in disc golf!!!!

Okay I too am kind of upset... My bag has not yet arrived but I will be calling them when it does (Wednesday) to complain if its also made outside of the US.

I'm upgrading from a ranger and a grip and part of the reason I was willing to spend 260+shipping is because I thought that was reasonable for a product made in the USA.

After doing some research on their website I was able to find some info about the PI production (last picture).

My issue as you will see is that this is not displayed as well as the more detailed info about the Bag Specs (first picture), which very clearly says that the bag is made completely in the USA.

So it looks like they didn't update their website accurately and depending on how will they handle my complaint will depend on whether I ask for a refund or become a lifetime customer. Simple mistake or not, it influenced my purchasing decision and I'm just not the kind of guy to let it go. I'll either be a supporter of them in the future or I won't be one at all.

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 47
  • pic 3.png
    pic 3.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 52
  • pic 4.png
    pic 4.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thats a bummer. Shouldn't be that difficult to determine the origin of what I'm buying.

That's funny that this discovery just popped up because two days ago I noticed some of Mystery Ranch products being sold in a Japanese store. I found it rather odd that a Montana based company would have their stuff being sold at a random store overseas. I'll have to check out the tags the next time I swing bye there. If anyone is so repulsed by their non american made bag that they are thinking about ditching it I'd be interested in vulturing it from you. :)

Having friends that work in the malls around here and due to the fact I'm in the Seattle area I see a lot of hipster Asian kids toting all sorts of Mystery Ranch gear...always thought it was strange but kinda makes more sense now..

Personally, I like the fact that I think mine was made in the USA, but as long as the specs are the same, and the warranty is honored, it's still an incredible bag. I've never been at a loss about where to store my extra jacket (or a buddy's). Room for days, and all the discs I would ever want to carry. Toss in a six pack, a HydroFlask 40oz, and I'm convinced it's the best bag ever. Cinched up tight, it's compact and still great. Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Where do put the hydration bladder? Where does the tube feed up and around?

In a Velcro compartment b/t the main compartment and the side pocket. Then the tube goes over your shoulder and hooks onto the shoulder strap around your arm pit much like any standard hydration pack.

All this Made in USA talk made me check my mahal. Made in March of 2012 in the USA. Anyway, I noticed a zippered (pocket??) on the inside of the bag behind the putter pocket. What do y'all use that for? I've had the bag since November of 2012 and never really thought about the pocket after I first loaded the bag.

All this Made in USA talk made me check my mahal. Made in March of 2012 in the USA. Anyway, I noticed a zippered (pocket??) on the inside of the bag behind the putter pocket. What do y'all use that for? I've had the bag since November of 2012 and never really thought about the pocket after I first loaded the bag.

Nothing really. I occasionally will carry the scorecard in there when i forget my clip board. And ive shoved a caddy book/course guide in there a few times

i keep my keys in that pocket.

FWIW i got my bag last summer and it was made in USA. i don't think it being made in the Philippians would have prevented me from buying the bag. it's still a great bag. :thmbup:

Nothing really. I occasionally will carry the scorecard in there when i forget my clip board. And ive shoved a caddy book/course guide in there a few times

This and maps/extra score cards/the occasional bandana or towel. I don't find a whole lot of function for that pocket or the zipper pockets inside the side pockets.

My keys and wallet live in the zipper pockets inside the side pockets. Nothing lives in that weird inside the disc area pocket.

I will have to check my Mahal as to where it was made. I visited the factory in Bozeman last summer, and met or saw most of the staff, as well as the production floor. Amazing place, and really cool folks. Most of the employees bring their dogs to work, which is pretty neat. If you are ever out that way, definitely stop in.
Having played Loriella in the freezing rain yesterday, I have to say that the fact that the material of the bag itself being waterproof is one of the key reasons (in addition to all other mentioned) I would not hesitate to recommend it. No need for a rain fly or umbrella. My putter pocket has 3 Wardens in it, and is snug but workable. Quite literally, my only beef with this bag is that the velcro strap (tube keeper maybe?) on the left shoulder strap eats dry fit shirts if you drag it on over your shoulder. It is ridiculous how good this bag is.

KP