• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Took my Mahal on vacation to Florida this past week. It worked perfect as a carry on.

I had the main compartment full of discs and a sweatshirt. One side pocket for misc travel items and the other side collapsed. It even fit in the overhead bin of a small 4 seater plane for my first flight.

I cannot express how pleased I am with this bag!

Used it the same way and its great! :hfive:

^^^If your buddy goes again, I'd be happy to pay him a handling fee to get me another bag...

I'll see what happens this summer, they usually do it in June. We've purchased extras in the past to raise club funds via raffle but I wouldnt be opposed to spreading the love to DGCR. Can't beat the price, i think they've run from $150-$165 in the past. :thmbup:

Mine was made on 3-18-13 and defiitely has a larger pocket than the old versions but 3 aviars are too tight for me, beaded or not.

it's a fit that tells me it'd probably eventually stretch.. but it's tight with 2 wizards and a chief.. Tighter than I like, so I don't play a round with it like that. Good thing that there is lots of space elsewhere though

Seriously considering this bag. Been shopping around and it seems like the only one that I won't regret later. I've had problems with the Grip and the Ranger being too small for extended days of playing without good access to a car in the middle or just unpredictable weather making you carry 3 sets of every dry thing you own and think this might be the answer.

SO I have a question for you guys. I would like to know if I can fit the following items in the bag without undue stress and frustration before dropping 260 bucks.

18 discs in main pocket (mostly drivers)
8 putters/mids in one side pocket
Light long sleeve shirt, soft shell, AND water bladder (1.5 liter) in other side pocket?
umbrella and stool on front compression or just one?
2-3 disc towels probably the clip on size in one of the side pouches.
I think the rest is pretty evident, its just hard to judge the size of a pocket online.

I was also planning on keeping the "active" towel in the main compartment on top of the discs, looks like quite a bit of room in there, does anyone have experience with this or a similar set up?

Thanks!

So, I hang and umbrella off of carabiners and use the straps for a stool. That works best IMO because it keeps them separate. But yea, I'd think you could probably fit all that in there. The side pockets are wide enough for a six pack and a bit more.. and tall enough for any disc (I've put zephyrs in there).

Seriously considering this bag. Been shopping around and it seems like the only one that I won't regret later. I've had problems with the Grip and the Ranger being too small for extended days of playing without good access to a car in the middle or just unpredictable weather making you carry 3 sets of every dry thing you own and think this might be the answer.

SO I have a question for you guys. I would like to know if I can fit the following items in the bag without undue stress and frustration before dropping 260 bucks.

18 discs in main pocket (mostly drivers)
8 putters/mids in one side pocket
Light long sleeve shirt, soft shell, AND water bladder (1.5 liter) in other side pocket?
umbrella and stool on front compression or just one?
2-3 disc towels probably the clip on size in one of the side pouches.
I think the rest is pretty evident, its just hard to judge the size of a pocket online.

I was also planning on keeping the "active" towel in the main compartment on top of the discs, looks like quite a bit of room in there, does anyone have experience with this or a similar set up?

Thanks!

I think the mahal can handle most of that. Give or take a few small items.:thmbup:

Thanks!

This is probably my primary concern, seems like a lot to fit into one pocket. However if it can fit 8 discs it shouldn't be a problem right?

--

So, I hang and umbrella off of carabiners and use the straps for a stool. That works best IMO because it keeps them separate.

I like this idea of keeping them separate. Thanks!

--

Looks like its about time to start thinking about color. :D

Ok I got a mahal for christmas this year and it can fit 3 wizards in the front putter pocket. In each of the sides you can cram 8 putters in but it's a pretty tight squeeze. The main compartment holds about 18. I don't know how well your shirts and shell compress Boomerang but they will probably fit with a 1.5 liter hydration pack. The pack does have a sleeve that will hold a hydration pack but I'm not sure the size. There is an attachment for holding a stool but not sure on the umbrella. The last thing I will say is that this bag is beyond awesome and was worth every dollar.

There'd been rumors that the newer Mahal's had a bigger putter pocket. Can anyone confirm whether three Wizards will fit in the new putter pocket? My older Mahal just fits two. Just.

i got my mahul at the end of last summer and i fit 3 putters. right now i'm carrying 2 wizards and 1 avair, but i've fit 3 wizards in there with no problem. :thmbup:

Ordered a foliage Mahal today! stoked to get it here and put all my stuff in it with room to spare.

Got mine today. Just gotta figure out my organization with it.

What are the Velcro slots on the sides generally used for?

What are the Velcro slots on the sides generally used for?

I jam my umbrella into the velcro and use those to hold it up when closed. Strapping it to the bottom I find is too wide and I get stuck going through trees, lol.

I've also run the hose from my bladder through there to keep it from flailing about.

Got my black Mahal in yesterday. Little disappointed its not made in USA. I shouldn't be surprised i guess, but for the price I assumed it would be.

Mine says Montana. Pic please.
That would be a VERY disappointing turn of events.

Last edited:

Latest posts