• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Having a Beer in all 351 Massachusetts towns. Want to hit some DG courses. Help!

toddy74

Mods feel free to move if not in correct forum. Still new here

Hey guys. I am drinking a Sam Adams beer in all 351 towns in Ma, culminating with #351 at Sam Adams Brewery in Boston. I am documenting my trip via my Twitter, FB, and Blog (currently working on blog). I am hitting Webster Fish & Game Disc Golf Course for my Webster Town this weekend. If anyone knows any good DG in Mass that would be good for my journey (good views, or something fun or unusual about the course let me know)

Thanks!

MA is full of great courses. Have you played anywhere other than Webster?

Borderlands and Maple Hill are the crown jewels, but there plenty of other gems like Devens, Tully, Barre, and many many more.

I'm brand new to the sport

Ive only played Buffum Dam and Webster.. Oh actually I could only find 1 place to hit and Barre (a small bar).. I'll actually put the Barre DG course on my list when I hit that county.

365! Going to take me the whole year to do it... By the end of this weekend I should have 15 in. Going to be fun. I've gotten some good feedback. I'm heading down to F1 racing, they are putting me in a racing uniform holding a trophy, drinking a beer. Another place wants me to come stand in their cranberry bog. Already got a pic with LLAMAS in a small farm town called Plympton. Should be fun!

Why Sam Adams and not the local breweries? There are a lot of great microbrews in MA.

sounds like an awesome idea though.

when in western mass, hit the Highlands of Conway- a little out of the way from beer, but you will definitely enjoy the course

on the way east stop in Northampton- they have a brewery and a course- I would skip over the HCC and Springfield College Courses to save time and check out Wilberham.

I know it is not Mass, but when you are in that part of the state- go to Manchester CT and play Wickham Park.. It is a beautiful course and very well maintained. It is also just a 15 minute drive from the border.

good luck.

Why Sam Adams and not the local breweries? There are a lot of great microbrews in MA.

sounds like an awesome idea though.

As far as Marthas Vineyard and Nantucket YES> I am hitting ALL 351. There are 22 on Cap Cod/MV/Nantucket. I'm hoping I can do those in the summer on a weekend. There is even a small town named Gosnold that only had 30 people living on it LOL. I think 3 of the 6 MV towns are dry, but you can BYOB.

About the Microbrews. Thats a good question. I contacted someone at Sam Adams at the beginning and she was excited for it and mentioned #351 at the Brewery. I still may do some microbrews. Thats still up in the air. I guess see how it goes, and see the interest I get.

when in western mass, hit the Highlands of Conway- a little out of the way from beer, but you will definitely enjoy the course

Awesome. Conway is one of the places on my list where I have nothing listed. Ill be bringing a beer with me on that course.

About the Microbrews. Thats a good question. I contacted someone at Sam Adams at the beginning and she was excited for it and mentioned #351 at the Brewery. I still may do some microbrews. Thats still up in the air. I guess see how it goes, and see the interest I get.

If you do Microbrews, Hyland is a must. Beer and disc golf in one spot.

WilBRAham. Crane hill is a very cool course, but I learned to play there so I am more than a little biased. It is still a work in progress, but it is nearing completion: beautiful rubber teepads on all holes, two sets of baskets on #1 and #16, and alternate pin positions on almost all holes. Par something around 58.5 (calling hole 15 a par 4 is a little conservative). I really recommend the course; it doesn't have the sock-you-in-the-gut-as-soon-as-you-pull-into-the-parking-lot "wow factor" that barre has, but I'd say its a better and much more varied challenge.

If possible, check it out with a local. The lack of signs can make it hard to navigate.

But I ask: why not play each course in every town that has one? You'll be around for it anyway. And at the rate new courses keep popping up in the Mass, I doubt anybody has 100%-ed the state in recent years. That would be one helluva feat.

WilBRAham. Crane hill is a very cool course, but I learned to play there so I am more than a little biased. It is still a work in progress, but it is nearing completion: beautiful rubber teepads on all holes, two sets of baskets on #1 and #16, and alternate pin positions on almost all holes. Par something around 58.5 (calling hole 15 a par 4 is a little conservative). I really recommend the course; it doesn't have the sock-you-in-the-gut-as-soon-as-you-pull-into-the-parking-lot "wow factor" that barre has, but I'd say its a better and much more varied challenge.

If possible, check it out with a local. The lack of signs can make it hard to navigate.

But I ask: why not play each course in every town that has one? You'll be around for it anyway. And at the rate new courses keep popping up in the Mass, I doubt anybody has 100%-ed the state in recent years. That would be one helluva feat.

You are right. I might as well since I'll be in all the towns!

It is not in Mass but Switchback was my beer of choice during my work trip to Vermont a few years ago

If you've already contacted Samuel Adams and they're behind you and this idea, tell them you want to try Utopias (their rare, high-alcohol beer) as #351.

Latest posts