• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Havoc

Lancerswimmer89

Birdie Member
So I've recently started throwing this as my go-to distance driver for about the past month. I was throwing Raiders, but they were a bit overstable for my arm speed (I can get out to around 400' on a good pull). The Havoc seems to get me a more dependable and full flight, and I've really been enjoying it.

My question, I've heard mixed things about the Havoc with the older runs vs the newer runs and the different plastic types. Do the older runs fly more OS or US than the newer ones?

Currently bagging a super beat GL, a light opto, a max weight opto, and a opto-x

I found that like most trilogy plastics they beat in quick. Stopped throwing them but the opto x sounded interesting to me as a more stable option.

My Gold lines are from 4 years ago and they can bomb! But the are fairly under stable and I can't always trust them, they only come out in a tailwind or no wind. I have an Opto-x that is more OS. As far as older Opto runs idk anything about.

Bobby Musik rips the Opto Xs pretty far. I've honestly debated switching from Trespasses to Havocs, especially with the inclusion of the Opto X. But I haven't. Doubt I'd get much more distance.

Anywho, opto X will be more stable than others. Regular optos bomb, but you need the right angle.

I actually throw the trespass now because they're more consistent for me, but I keep a GL havoc for the all out bomb.

Havocs are just so damn flippy. I couldn't keep them flat to save my life. Even with a sharp hyzer the disc wanted to turn and burn.

The Havoc has no late fade. Once you turn it, see 'ya.

Great distance potential, but way too wild and hard to throw.

I'd rather throw a Tern.

Havocs are just so damn flippy. I couldn't keep them flat to save my life. Even with a sharp hyzer the disc wanted to turn and burn.

I'd rather throw a Tern.

You've got to throw them like 30' high on a steep hyzer release. Even though they are high speed and sharp rimmed, for some reason they don't stall out for me when they turn over at height. I wouldn't bag one because it's too unpredictable for me and I can throw other discs straighter...at a certain point all that S-flying is eating up straight line distance. But they bomb and if someone falls into the right arm speed for that mold I can see them loving it.

I don't doubt at your arm speed they are next to impossible to control.

I'd rather throw a Tern.

I picked up a used Opto and would describe as you do... so I use it for ONE hole at my nearby courses. A backhand roller I want to cover 250 - 280' in the air and have it get down and go as long as it will. It is a natural disc for this.

I picked up a used Opto and would describe as you do... so I use it for ONE hole at my nearby courses. A backhand roller I want to cover 250 - 280' in the air and have it get down and go as long as it will. It is a natural disc for this.

Rolling would be the one use I'd find for the Havoc. I really wanted to like that disc, but its so flippy. Like a speed 13 Roadrunner.

Rolling would be the one use I'd find for the Havoc. I really wanted to like that disc, but its so flippy. Like a speed 13 Roadrunner.

The older ones that I've thrown have definitely been that kind of understable, which isn't unuseful on the course for large swooping turnovers.

For me, the latest opto runs have been significantly more Overstable, and have flown almost like a beat in wraith for me, but again, I don't have the biggest arm in the world.

Air Havoc

I messed around with an Air Havoc in the field today. This was a lake find, and I didn't know what to expect. I've had inconsistent results with other Havocs in the past. They can be super long, but very understable/finicky.

Today's Air Havoc is 157g.

So, the disc is flippy, but not quite as flippy as I was expecting. I was able to throw it 100% power hyzer and flip it up into some stunningly long S curve bombs. Being lightweight seemed to give this disc a little extra distance over its heavier counterparts, but the overall flight was similar. Easy, easy bombs. The Air Havoc is one of the longer discs I've ever seen. It turns easily, but hooks up late and comes back toward center pretty well.

I'm fairly impressed with Air plastic. I like it better than blizzard by a lot. Most Air discs retain decent flight characteristics despite being so light.

Latest posts