• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from central Pennsylvania

Dr. Bogey

Birdie Member
Howdy, folks!

Been lurking for a few months, learned quite a bit, and finally decided to sign up. I played for the first time in 2011 and started playing more seriously about a year ago. I manage to throw a round every week or two. I am exceedingly average/below average, with scores of +15 or so at my local 19-hole course (Lime Bluff in Hughesville, PA). Not too long ago it was more like +18, so I feel pretty good about it. The improvement is mostly due to better putting, and now I think my approach shots top the list of what's holding me back. I've found disc golf a fun, relaxing way to chill out and get some exercise.

Welcome to DGCR from a former PA resident. I used to live about 2 hours SE from your home course.

Right now my advice to you is to not worry so much about par and focus on executing your shot, watching your form, and if you can get out with others (tourney, league, etc.), learn from them. Some will give you tips.

I found instructional videos to not be my forte, but it doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't be yours.

Best of it to you on the course, and soon it will be Dr. Birdie.

Andrew