• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello

txmxer

* Ace Member *
Howdy, I'm new here (obviously). Started playing DG as a way to stay active when COVID 19 shutdown the world. A group of guys I know had a regular game and they invited me out. I was hooked.

I live outside Fort Worth and mainly play Z-Boaz because that's where the guys play. I've also gone out on my own to the course at Lake Weatherford a couple of times. I live on ~7 acres and naturally had to buy some baskets and set up my own mini course. I've got 4 baskets now, would love to get a few more, but it's a lot of work to keep the place mowed adequately for playing golf so I'm not using the whole area available. Found out pretty quick that the baskets need to be set back pretty far from the fence line lest I give my neighbors a new disc. I can't throw that far, but if there is a fence within 100 feet of my target, I can clear it somehow. I guess you'd call the fence line my OB.

I found this forum the other day and got hooked on one of the physics of flight threads and learned about precession and a few other nuggets.

My name is Mike. Txmer is a name I created years ago when I was riding motocross a lot and hanging out on moto forums.

Welcome. Enjoy the shiny, sparkle of a new obsession! This one lasts and lasts.

welcome. good for you for setting up a home course. now get some more friends into it!

Welcome.

There are numerous disc golf groups associated with the Dallas-Forth Worth area on Face book. You can begin with DFW discgolf, Chain Bombers, and FunkyTown Flyers.

If you would like/need lessons, hit me up.

thanks all.

Guess I should actually have started out..."hi, my name is Mike...I'm an addict..." (in a good way).

Latest posts