• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Help me pick my Birdie Bash Putter Pleeeze

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Birdie bash is coming up and I would love to not have over-lap in my putter selection BUT having another VP might be nice for practice. Here's what I normally carry:

Wizard SS - 171g
VP Med - 173g

I just bought a Wizard RFF 175g which is probably going to find it's way into the bag purely on feel alone.

I also have a Discraft ProD Challenger but the jury is still out on that one.

So if anyone has any suggestions post them here. I'm just being stupid about my indecisiveness. And by the way, I already have the other disc picked out - the Ibex.

my buddy really likes the sole. so ill say sole is what you want. no experience with anything else.

tight wooded course or open and possible wind? summit is a hell of a touch disc but pretty understable. Id vote ridge if you have a VP and want to try something that feels shallower but similar flight.

The Ridge will be similar to the Wizard. The Summit will be like a seasoned Magnet.

Yeah, if you want something close to the Wizard go Ridge. If you want something different from the two discs you mentioned, go Summit.

I carry a VP/Summit combo in my bag. They compliment each other well. the VP gets most of the work, but when I need a touch disc or an anny approach, the Summit is great.

All the other selections will give you over-lap with a VP & Wizard.

I have two VP's already, and will be getting another. I got the Ridge last year and hated it. Go with what you know and like.

Any putter that you feel confident with really.....I am very happy with the SE Pa1 and SE Pa4.....those changed my putting for the better

Any putter that you feel confident with really.....I am very happy with the SE Pa1 and SE Pa4.....those changed my putting for the better

Aye, PRodigy Fan boy... Read into the Birdie Bash before Promoting! :doh:

Get a VP in Firm maybe, or heavier. You can use it as practice, or you might like it better than your current one.

Sole - Vibram's "putting putter." Might be tough to adjust to if you're use to Wizards though. Profile is a little different and is a bit more on the understable side.

Summit - Vibram's understable putter. Again, this might take some adjustment to get used to if you've only used Wizards and Challengers. This is my favorite Vibram putter mold and I would highly recommend trying it, but it's going to be hard for you to quickly adjust to it on VBB day.

Ridge - This will be the most similar to your Wizard. It's one of the best driving putters on the market IMO. However, a lot of the shots you can accomplish with it can also be done with the Ibex powered down.

VP - You already know what this one is all about. And the comfort level with the mold can help give you an edge in the VBB.

So my recommendation: Go with the Ridge. Paired with the Ibex you have two versatile molds that can handle a wide variety of shots. You also have the advantage of familiarity with the Wizard, which flies similarly to the Ridge.

i am not a huge fan of driving with putters...... But i gave an opto pure a few pulls last weekend and got good 200+ results. nice and stable and not flippy. i guy i played with recently took his judge off several tees last week and i was impressed with the flight and control he had.

i am not a huge fan of driving with putters...... But i gave an opto pure a few pulls last weekend and got good 200+ results. nice and stable and not flippy. i guy i played with recently took his judge off several tees last week and i was impressed with the flight and control he had.

And this helps a VBB question how???

I agree with what has been said more. I started with a wizard before I switched to using a lot of Vibram. I gave the sole a try, but it always seemed too floaty. I either used a ridge or summit to put with. I think going from the VP or a wizrd to a summit will be to rough of a transition come VBB day. The ridge is definitely the middle ground if you want a new mold. I personally prefer their putters in firm, but if you are liking the rff wizard maybe get one in medium.

So we've had the PA1, PA4, pure, and judge recommended after two pages. For a vibram birdie bash. I'm so, so glad everyone reads here. :/ ...

I really like the ridge personally because it just has that traditional "popular" putter feel to it (aviar, wizard, ion), and gives you some options to work with. Since you grabbed an ibex I'd really recommend the ridge, especially considering you already throw a wizard. You might find you like it off the tee more, or maybe even for putting altogether.

So we've had the PA1, PA4, pure, and judge recommended after two pages. For a vibram birdie bash. I'm so, so glad everyone reads here. :/ ...

I really like the ridge personally because it just has that traditional "popular" putter feel to it (aviar, wizard, ion), and gives you some options to work with. Since you grabbed an ibex I'd really recommend the ridge, especially considering you already throw a wizard. You might find you like it off the tee more, or maybe even for putting altogether.

About that reading, I guess you missed the part that he does not want over lap with his current putters.

Latest posts