• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me please.

Drama

I recently went to Florida for a vacation, and I lost all my skill and techniques on how to throw. I would like some advice and videos. I am gonna try to get a video of my approach when I drive. I recently started to X step, but my throws are terrible. :confused:

I try to S curve all my shots. I need some advice on how to throw my disc lower and more on a hyzer.

I have. I thought that they would of helped me out. But they really didn't. ='[
I am gonna have a friend of mine video tape me, and then we are gonna figure out what's exactly wrong.

I have been having issues with some of my form lately as well, especially when I put a full x step into it. I have actually been eliminating my x step from most of my rounds and just working on it at the practice field. I have noticed that by focusing on few parts of my form at one time I have been able to make some good adjustments. Just a thought.

That sounds good. I will start throwing from a stand still, until I can get my throws down. Then work into the X step.

That sounds good. I will start throwing from a stand still, until I can get my throws down. Then work into the X step.

Its important to remember to still turn your body and pull throw with your shoulder etc. I like to almost turn my body away from the basket as I reach back, plant my throwing foot than turn transfer weight and pull through. Sorry if that sounds weird but I think you will understand what I mean.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Put your back to the basket, and turn to get more power. And I right?

I find whenever I plateau or if I seem to be regressing it helps to slow things down again until I get my rhythm back. I run a mental checklist of everything I want to concentrate on and do some deliberate dry runs, that way I don't build up any bad muscle memory.

I have recently developed a great sidearm drive, thanks to som instruc videos on utube. CHECK IT OUT.

how are your drives like too low, too high, do they take a dive? this will help all of us critique your problem

I will slow my approach down.

I throw the disc too high. I used to be able to throw over 300 feet easily. And know I can't. I throw the disc way to high and on an anhyzer.

I have recently developed a great sidearm drive, thanks to som instruc videos on utube. CHECK IT OUT.

I should check these out because I haven't been playing very frequently as of late and have gotten rusty.

I will slow my approach down.

I throw the disc too high. I used to be able to throw over 300 feet easily. And know I can't. I throw the disc way to high and on an anhyzer.

Sounds like you might be arcing it and possibly reverse pivoting. Arcing is what I call it when you swing your arm instead of pulling through straight. If your momentum during your follow through is sending you away and to the right (RHBH) of the direction of your throw instead of forward than you are pivoting incorrectly. All I can think of, hope that helps.

I think I am having this pivoting issue as well, as I seem to end up forward and to the right on some of my bad throws. What should I focus on to avoid having this problem occur? (It usually either causes me to anny like crazy, or just throw a high fader, both are equally annoying and bogey-causing)