• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Help - Rank MD3 plastics

DavidHedvin

Bogey Member
Can someone help me to rank the Md3.

US to most OS.

Right now i have:

Fuse (US)
Compass (straight)
Verdict (stable/OS)
Justice (very OS)

Im want to get all innova/DM/hyzerbomb bag and these are the ones i have left.

I have been looking at:

US slot: ?
Straight: ?
stable/OS: which Md3
very OS: Mortar (dont like gator bead)

How should i build my midrange setup (innova/DM/hyzerbomb)?

US- p-line MD3(will need a little beating in but not much)
Stable- metal flake Md3
OS- eagle glow md3

The mortar is a great disc by the way

if you don't want to cycle, Panther is a pretty good comp for Fuse (I throw the Fuse, had a Panther only briefly)... mako3 or lycan might be useful in the stable position, and feel pretty close to the md3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've got 'em all... Here's how I'd rank;

P-MD3 - slightly understable
Swirly S-MD3 - Stable (laser straight to fade) beats into a flex disc
Glow C-MD3 - Stable - Straight to fade
Metalflake C-MD3 - Overstable - won't flip flat on a hyzer release like the S-Line
Eagle Glow C-MD3 - Overstable - still not very overstable by any means, you're not getting a Gator, but it's meaty enough

I was surprised how stable the P-line MD3 was when brand new. It absolutely requires seasoning to become understable. For that reason I bag and throw Mako3's for my stable/understable midrange. I carry a Star Mako3 that is rather flippy, a max weight Champ Mako3 which is straight as an arrow, and two MD3's. I carry a MF that I use for straight shots with a gentle fade, and an Eagle Glow for overstable duties.

How much more OS are the Eagle Glows than the Lusters if at all? I don't want to spend $30 to find out that I'd have been better off waiting for the Roc3x.

Last edited:
I totally forgot about the Lusters. Duuuuh. Yes, the Luster C-Line MD3s are definitely the most overstable. I recently started backing a LC-MD3 after a long search for my ideal overstable mid. I had been powering down fairways or using the Radium (kind of an OS tweener mid/fairway) but wanted something I could really rip into without worrying that it would flip to flat. The Luster MD3s definitely fit the bill. I can just about full power it on a hyzer and it will hold that angle the whole flight. The S-Lines and even Glows would flip up a bit, but the LC-MD3 sticks to it's guns.

Can you tell me more about luster c-line md3? what's the difference compared to normal c line? sorry for maybe a very obvious question but i've never seen them before

Slightly more stable. Def the most stable iteration of the MD3 I personally have thrown. Notice I am purposefully staying away from calling it OVERstable. It is not really. Just very very stable.

Now all of us MD3 throwers can stop trying to track down the most stable version MD3, and just throw the MD4! I got my first MD4 yesterday and got a couple rounds in with it. Still not very overstable, but absolutely more stable than any MD3 I've thrown. At high speed it flies just like my Eagle Glow MD3's, but when it starts to slow down it fades much harder. Crazy amount of glide, and a great forward penetrating fade. Staying in the bag for sure.

I've heard the MF is slightly understable and I've heard that it's the most OS.

Which is correct?

I've heard the MF is slightly understable and I've heard that it's the most OS.

Which is correct?

I've got MF's from the first batch of them, and mine are less stable than my Eagle Glow's. Very straight at high speed, with a small fade. I would not call them understable at all, just a softer fade than my others.

Latest posts