• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help: retrieve a disc out of a drain

I'm sure it did, but the real question is, which profanities got the best results???

Probably the ephemeral ones I coined on the spot, out of sheer necessity.

I had been playing safari golf, so throwing over a road in a place no one else ever would, and where I hadn't thought about a drain. Into which, I through a treasured disc. So I was laying on the road, arm and head in the drain, wondering if someone would see me and call 911, or not see me and hit me and then call 911.

I got it. #10 ground wire in one hand, phone camera and light in the other to see. Only took an hour splayed out in the dirt and poison ivy. No children involved. No clowns.

Bonus, I found a 163g Mako3 with no ink :|

I know all about the drama and stubbornness involved in retrieving a wayward disc... you deserve that Mako3.

I'm not sure if there's a more average, boring disc than a 163g mako3, but thanks.
True, but the joy of gifting that to someone random just starting out will make their day and likely yours as well. Stash it in the trunk, make someone's day down the road.

Deleted

Last edited:

Latest posts