• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Out of the Bag

Lots of changes in my dg bag this season.
Came to realize that my arm can't huck speed 13/14 drivers so a bunch of those came out plus a bunch of overlap discs. Went from shields to chalky wizards for putting duties and soft judge out macana in for driving/upshots.
Pretty comfortable with my current set up.

Out:
World,boss,sorcerer,flow,blizzard destroyer,ballista,starfire,star gator,soft judge,roc3

In:
Opto ruby,opto jade,opto pearl(lost but replacement coming)tournament seer,k1 gmac Kaxe,lucid trespass.

Also picking up a k1 grym we will see where that ends up after some field work.

Out:
Blizzard Wraith just became to flippy.
1 Z Buzz replaced with a Compass
Champion Krait it just didn't do what I wanted it todo.
ESP Surge had it forever and barely used it so I figure why keep it.
In:
Biofuzion Trespass seems to turn more then the Sword(Not sure if I am going to keep it so I guess it is on trial).
TP Sword love this straight and long for me only negative is the diamond blue color on it. (diamond blue is more dark blue then I were hoping for)
TP Giant to compliment as a OS disc as my old one weren't OS enough.
BT Hard Harp man I love it for approaches, now I just need to dial in the speed and length of it. Tend to overthrow the basket.
Retro Line Mercy for abit more stability over my Pure. Same as the harp, need to stop overshooting the approaches.
Opto Compass for replacement for my Z Buzzes. Still got 1 Buzz in the bag for the times when I don't want the disc to come out of the anny.

The PD/CD2 combo has been knocked out for the time being. I'm leaning more on my FDs to cover fairway shots and not trying to over-power 9/10 speed discs for shots better suited to a Destroyer.

Nice thread idea.

I haven't really "permanently" removed anything, but I have taken out:
F7 (replaced with a Patriot)
TL (replaced with FD)
Valkyrie (replaced with a TD) - I still Love the Valk, so its just occasionally I switch the bag around
Thunderbird (using a Wrath...longer and less OS, but great)
King (out for a DDx, likely permanently)

Added Atom, Envy, Proxy. mix between atom and proxy depending on weather

I keep trying out drivers that don't quite work out. I will have them in the bag for 3-4 weeks until I just get sick of carrying them and either not throwing or having them be wildly incosistant. Examples include Cannon, Bolt, Destiny, Catapult, Knight, Colossus, Renegade, Tresspass, King, Sword, World, and PD2. I just keep falling back on Outlaws/Destroyers and Wraiths. I actually just sort of rediscovered the Wraith and I am hoping that they last longer than the other stuff above.

Out:

BT Hard Harp man I love it for approaches, now I just need to dial in the speed and length of it. Tend to overthrow the basket.

I have the same problem. I love the harp, but I toss a sweet shot, then it always appears like 30-40 past the basket. I've been using a Scale or Warspear for the shorter OS approaches.

Harp is sweet, but its pretty fast for a upshot disc- just need to dial it in is all;)

I keep trying out drivers that don't quite work out. I will have them in the bag for 3-4 weeks until I just get sick of carrying them and either not throwing or having them be wildly incosistant. Examples include Cannon, Bolt, Destiny, Catapult, Knight, Colossus, Renegade, Tresspass, King, Sword, World, and PD2. I just keep falling back on Outlaws/Destroyers and Wraiths. I actually just sort of rediscovered the Wraith and I am hoping that they last longer than the other stuff above.

Yeah those random long bomber type discs usually don't work for me. I have the arm, just don't have the accuracy or feel I can rely on them. All the discs I agree with except the Trespass, I love mine, i mix it in the bag occasionally and the PD2 tho i hvaent used one, it seems like a reliable stable disc.
I also dropped the Bolt, King, and World . just did not trust them. King was decent tho, ill take it out on a open course will low wind and let it bomb, but i dont compete with it.

Putter - Putting
Out: DX/Star/Champ Aviar
In: Opto Pure

Putter - Throwing
Out: Star/Champ Aviars
In: Opto Pure, VIP Shield, ESP Zone - They'll handle more speed and cover more lines.

Mids
Out: Roc, Roc3 - Didn't like how they felt
Out Buzzz Buzzz OS, Buzzz SS - I had to throw them too hard for the distance they went.
Out: Shark, Core, Mako3, Atlas
In: M1, Verdict, M2, Comet, Panther

Fairway
Out: Crave, Volts, Amp, Clash
In: Leopard3, FD, TeeBirds, Saint, Saint Pros, Thunderbird

Driver
Out: Wave - Squirrelly, lack of glide
In: Sorcerer - More predictable, longer

Out: Photon, Astra, Aries, Krait, Wrath, everything else
In: Destroyer / Octane / Scorpius
In: XCaliber / Nitro (when it absolutely, positively, can't turn in the wind)

What I carry has changed a lot over the summer. I think my current bag is stable now.

Latest posts