• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Out of the Bag

Kings and Bolts got replaced with Catapults and Destinies.

Halo, Destroyer, Trespass, Enforcer and Sword are on the sidelines due to driver consolidation. (Giant cycle + more reliance on speed 9s)

Justice got replaced with the Moab.

Swans got replaced by Aviars.

Looked in "the stack" and the only standout for neglect this year the groove.

As somebody who loves and defends that wacky POS I kinda feel like I should rebag it.

I used to loke FHing the grove back when I put one finger on the flight plate. Now I kinda feel like I should take the $1.75 play it again sports will give me for it...

Verdict was replaced by Buzzz OS. Buzzz was replaced by EMac Truth. D3 recently replaced by DDx. Pure, P2, and PA4 were replaced by Wizards.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Out

Ion
Volt
Vector
Theory
Fireball

Vector might have been the end of 2015 tho

Various PDs replaced by a thunderbird, 2 valks and a SW. 2 teebirds replaced by a leo3 and FD. Roc3s are out for ranchos right now. Mako3 out. Nova out.

Utility/Approach
Out
VP
In
A1
Reason for switching- I wanted more HSS

Mid Combos
Out
Panther/Truth
In
M4/M2
Reason for switching- better plastic availibility

Distance Drivers
Out
Tern
In
Wraith
Reason for switching- more versatile mold, less nose angle sensitivity

Dropped-For
Putting Judge-Wizard (although I still throw the Judge)
Nova-Judge
Zone-no real replacement, I just throw an Envy on more hyzer
Drone-again no replacement, just throw Firebird a bit slower

Dropping the Drone and Zone had more to do with bag space than anything else. I just did not use those two often enough to warrant keeping them in the bag when I could just use something else on the occasion that I needed those shots.

Ok so I have done kinda a lot of changing this year...

Champ Vulcan was replaced with Star Vulcan because it beat in way faster and I like the feel more of it. The champ version was like overstable which a Vulcan shouldn't be.
Teebird was replaced by a 12x Eagle which I much prefer the shape
Teerex went in an out a few times, it's now out.
My new 4x thunderbird I think might push my CD2 out
I threw a bard for a little bit but ended up using a DX roc3 that I bought randomly and love

And the biggest thing that is weird for me is that my Summit, RFF Wizard, and KC aviar all came out of my bag cause I'm a weirdo and I put with another DX roc3... Idk why but I have had way more success putting this way

That's all I can think of for now

Cool thread! Really make me think of how sporadic I can be.

Biggest outs were:

insanity for wave. A bit more distance and versatility on the slightly under stable side of things.

Volt/amp for teebird/tl. Wanted a bit less distance out of my fairway slot to separate from distance drivers. But just traded for an rdg stamped assassin and I'm in love so may be looking at teebird/assassin

Currently have a battle at the overstable control spot between resistor/raptor/drone. So if anybody has any tips on how to best narrow down a bag spot let me know. Lol

Currently have a battle at the overstable control spot between resistor/raptor/drone. So if anybody has any tips on how to best narrow down a bag spot let me know. Lol

I havnt thrown the raptor or drone, but man I do love that resistor. Mine has been very reliable for me, even when I back it down. I'm getting real close to bumping the gator out of my bag because I keep throwing my resistor instead of it.

I feel like I've done this before somewhere on these boards.

This year was my first year back playing regularly and seriously again for about 3 years. There was a lot of stuff that came out since the Judge (the last new disc I put in my bag over my time off) that I wanted to try, and a lot of stuff I previously carried was replaced.

Permanent changes:
Rocs and comets got replaced with ghosts. I find the ghost to be straighter overall than both, and a tick faster too, which makes them wear into an incredibly versatile disc. I also like the plastics a lot more than rocs or comets.

Predators got replaced with Felons. I find felons to be very similar to the flat top predators that I like, and finding those predators was very hard to get around here since there's not a ton of DC support.

Rivers replaced FDs. A beat in FD is a thing of beauty - but since I was only utilizing the disc for turning shots, and new ones weren't great for that, I've transitioned over to another incredibly good disc that will give me some turn right off the shelf.

Temp changes, may not stick but just having fun trying new molds -

Saint Pros in for PDs. Yes, pds are amazing, but I'm finding the saint pro to be workable on more types of shots while getting about the same distance. PDs are a tick faster and a bit more HSS which makes them better in windy conditions but Saint Pros I find are workable like Eagles, and not undependable in the wind.

Boatman or Ballista over DDx/Tern - I never threw destroyers or most 12/+ speed discs that well. The boatman flies like a longer PD which is awesome, and the way it sits in my hand is quite comfortable. The ballista feels and flies like a faster DDx to me, and handles wind a bit better. Maybe I'll end up carrying both the boatman and ballista?

Last edited:
I think my biggest change in my bag was my putter. I used to putt with KC Avairs, but one day I went and played a round after work, and I just could not get a solid grip on my putter. I decided to give Wizards a try, and I haven't looked back. I also got a Voodoo and Magic in one of those Gateway mystery box deals recently, and I replaced my Colts with those two. I love Gateway's putters, and their plastics. Best feeling plastic imo.

Nothing has left my disc golf bag this year.

I did kick your mom out of the sack once, though. I immediately regretted it and let her back in.

Out
-Discmania p2, md3, fd, fd3, cd2, PD, pd2, DDX

In
-mercy
-harp
-emac truth
-truth
-trident
-justice
-rival
-hatchet
-escape
-culverin
-trespass
-defender

I was un happy with the way discmania was handling team members and didn't care for their price increases at the store. Gave me an excuse to switch to some new molds. Trilogy was my choice and couldn't be happier. The rival is just too Damn good no need to be 100% trilogy.

Last edited:
Pulled after I stopped trying 150 class (great molds though)
MVP Servo
MVP Switch
Axiom Crave

Pulled after I decided on PDs and QJLSs for drivers (also solid offerings)
Legacy Patriots
Legacy Glow Rival

Dropped Judge, Roadrunner, Krait, and Breaker. Added Spike, Beast, Claymore, Verdict, Harp.

Envies are finally and officially out for me. I LOVE this disc and still have one for fun rounds. However, it made it super difficult to build a bag because it's a tweener disc for me. Now I have Judges/Harps and Roc3's; before, the Envy covered ~85% of the Roc3 shots and ~50% of the Judge and Harp shots, but I still needed everything else for specific situations. It was a lot simpler to just ditch the Envy and learn to throw everything else in new ways to cover the Envy; it's really helped to make my game a lot stronger

Disc: Reason
...Replaced with

S Wizard: Threw it in a tree
...SS Wizard

SS Wizard: Threw it in a lake
...R-Pro Hydra

Pro-D XL (very bad condition, bought for $4): Because I could afford to replace it
...Champ Leopard

300s P3 (very bad condition, bought for $2): Flew like a brick
...Eraser Wizard

KC Pro Roc: Threw it into a lake
...Fuzion Truth

Blizzard Katana: too fast for noodle armed noob
... N/A

Star Firebird: Too overstable for noodle armed noob
...Lucid Thief

Champ Sidewinder: Somewhat beat up, temporarily retired.
...Lucid Witness

Recycled Saint: Tried, didn't like it.
...N/A

Blizzaard Krait: set aside until my armspeed improves.
...N/A

Eraser Wizard: temporarily retired to try RFF.
...RFF Wizard

There are probably a number of others that I'm not remembering. I've tried out a lot of discs in the last 5 months.

Last edited:

Latest posts