• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help with form

geoz

Hey everyone, i was looking for some tips on how to better my driving form. I feel like I've hit a wall with my driving distance and I was wondering if anyone saw anything that should be corrected or implemented into my technique. Any help is appreciated and be as critical as you like I wont be offended. Thanks in advance.
https://youtu.be/fiGM3oVBqzQ

Its hard to tell but it

looks like your feet are moving a long ways per step.

Your back foot when you cross behind lookes forced... or your skipping

Your internal timing looks off.... but that may look that way from the video being slowed down.

Do you use a tempo in your run up kinda like in music? 1-2-3-4;2-2-3-4; 3-2-3-4 ect

I find that having a cadence in my runup helps keep me fluid, on time and smooth.

A good example or in my mind would be if you watch nikkos runup you could say is made up of 2 sets of 3 counts. The first 1-2-3 is his run up amd the second and final 3 is for his reach back, pull through and relase. Or simon lezotte would be a 1-2-3-4-5 on his and some one like nate doss would be a 6 count. Hope this makes sense.

Your shoulders are past/forward/tipping over the top of the hips when your weight shifts, so your leverage from the hips and lower body is toasted. You want to stride off your rear foot so your rear knee comes through lower than the front knee, so it goes underneath your rear hip, driving all your weight forward together, rather than tipping it over the top. Also your arm is curled up some in the backswing instead of extending further back.

Those are some good tips guys. I never noticed my shoulders watching it, but now that sidewinder points it out I can see it clearly. I always felt something was off but couldn't get it down. I'll have to watch the videos again and try it out in a field. I also really like the cadence idea. I always find myself thinking too much about every moving part during a drive that it screws me up. That sounds like a nice way to keep everything moving and not worrying about what I'm actually doing so much. Thanks for helping out

Well good luck. Also remember if your correcting your form go slow and focus on building new muscle memory for a round or so before you throw big bombs.

Latest posts