• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 01/13/12: Veteran's Park in Arlington, TX

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Veteran's Park
in Arlington, TX
Rating – 4.03

Hole #18
White Tee, Par 3, 250'
Blue Tee, Par 3, 350'
Gold Tee, Par 3, 500'

"Hole #18 Tee: Nice open up-hill runway to a basket either straight ahead or just off to the right a bit where the tree line runs out."
9869dada.jpg

7df2c2fe.jpg

I nice course like this and this is the only pic of Hole #18? LocalFail

:hfive:

No. The gold tee is waaaayyyyy back from there. Back across a creek. It's a dirt tee.

The pin position to the right is ridic. It's a really low and narrow wooded lane steeply uphill. You have to land with pin point accuracy in the fairway just to have a shot up the lane. Then you have to make an uphill air bounce between the trees and under the overhanging branches, so that the disc somehow doesn't stall out, only to have your disc roll all the way back down the hill and then you can't find it. D:

Or you can do a big overhead from the tee for an easy 2, if you have that kind of arm.

The long pin position is much easier. It's at the far end off to the right behind the trees. There is OB sidewalk just behind it though.

Right now, I will say Fuse. Once for blue and white, and twice at least for gold.

EDIT, Didn't see the post on the hill. Probably a couple extra Fuse shots per.

JLS from blue and white.
From gold I think a Surge with a little turn leaves me with a Comet to the pin.

I played this yesterday. 350 foot turnover drive up a hill. Only problem is that it is a fairly narrow gap and the trees on the left prevent you from throwing with much anhyzer. Unless you are able to flick or throw a thumber 400+ then the safest bet is to throw straight down the middle and try and land near the shadow of that big oak tree. That way you have a good look at the basket. If I am feeling brave then I will try and hyzerflip something understable and hope that it doesn't turnover too early. STAY AWAY from the woods on the right side!

sticking with an eagle for dependability...seems like a really risk/reward type hole

Great hole. I was visiting DFW last summer and played one of the famous Veterans Sunday minis. I hung out in the ROF division. (Really Old Farts)

18 was set up the hill to the right. Not very wide, hard to get the D up the hill. I threw one of my many hyzer-flip Sidewinders and the ground came up and hit my disc. (can you imagine?) and I was about 80' short. Took a boring 3. The 2 is available, but tricky. Most of the ROF's had a 4.

This hole and I will match wits again this summer.

Ron Pittman

Holy teepad square footage batman! Is this a teepad or a foundation for a small house? lol

I'd probably shoot a Valk on a little hyzer flip or maybe a flat and straight shot with a t-bird, both RHFH. Also love to try a FH roller for a nice shallow and hopefully long s-shot that finishes left.

From that teepad I would normally RHFH my nicely beaten echostar boss and park it right under the basket! also, at one point in time, the basket was to the right and up a crazy slope but i haven't seen it been switched back to that position in almost 5 months. It has a really crazy upshot when the basket is in it's other position!

how far to the gap that I need to make it to?

maybe I can FH a Destroyer on a slight anny flex

Latest posts