• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 11/10/2022: Goat Hill Park Hole #1 Oceanside, CA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Goat Hill Park in Oceanside, CA

802 ft.

"The first hole exemplifies what Goat Hill is all about: You are greeted to an 802 foot par 4 playing into a straight headwind. Obviously, you'll want to crush your drive as far as possible to allow yourself the easiest approach to the pin. You'll also want to get your drive turned over to avoid fading out, but if you get it turned over too much (which is easy to do, thanks to the headwind), you'll likely cut roll into the valley and find yourself looking at a bogey. Even with an excellent drive, you're still looking at a 300+ foot approach into a precarious green with the basket situated on a slope just beyond the golf green."

Tee
6fe05b40.jpg

Tee
b3e5feab.jpg

Basket
f00b495c.jpg

Tee Sign
3397477e.jpg

Plasma Orbital until I get there.

My more overstable Wraith or Guld to lead off, depending on the strength of the headwind.

Hatchet roller off the tee if I have room to throw the shot. (Hard to tell from the pictures if there's a low ceiling from the tee).

From there I'll have to just wing it depending where the tee shot went.