• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 11/14/12 University of Richmond-Richmond VA

Disc Fiend

* Ace Member *
University of Richmond
Rating: 2.71
Hole #16
271 ft. - Par 3

Tee Sign:
df5c6ce0.jpg

Hole 16 Tee:
3ff22a0a.jpg

Hole 16 Basket:
e8f0e8f7.jpg

Course Map:
7e50c480.jpg

That hole is typically deuced with a forehand roller or some random lucky throw in from around 75ft. The hole is uphill with a bunch of overhanging branches to deter an air shot.

probably try a skip with a pred, then probably some sort of get-out-of-trouble throw with a roc or aviar, then an aviar putt, if my random lucky get-out-of-trouble throw didn't go in.

Ouch. That's a narrow gap!

RHBH Buzzz from the tee on a bit of a low hyzer.

Playing for par here.

RHBH Buzzz to get it through the gap. Probably Pain or Pure from there.

This course looks phenomenal for a college course. If I'd been a discer in college (and WSU had a course on campus) I never would have made it to class. Good thing I wasn't a discer in college.

looks pretty tough to deuce. I would play it safe with a straight up the gut buzzz shot

I'll standstill an Obex through the gap (or more likely into an early tree). Off the tee I'm just looking to hit the fairway to get up and down.

That hole is typically deuced with a forehand roller or some random lucky throw in from around 75ft. The hole is uphill with a bunch of overhanging branches to deter an air shot.

forehand roller z zone. Love forehand roller with a z zone.

KC Pro Whippet. If i make it past the first set of trees, it should be the perfect disc for the path needed.

Hmm, two shot options for me. RHFR with a Gold Line Trident as that disc just knows how to keep rolling. That or RHBH Hornet on a low lazer beam hyzer. Hopefully duece opportunity with a Zero Line Spike. Get out of trouble shot if needed with either a Trident or a Grip Line SPike.

I really don't recall ever seeing a backhand get there. Some forehand flex shots have flown past it for a putt. It's really an odd throw. I would never call it steep uphill. It's just that throwing an uphill RHBH hyzer just never seems to get there. There is a really thick area of trees about 50ft short of the basket on the left side of the fairway. It's so dense that you will need to toss out or throw a trick shot to get to the basket. Perhaps that's why most people would rather end up on the right side of the fairway.

Playing safe I'd probably throw an axis up the middle, if I wanted to get aggressive I'd hyzer an FD up there and see if I could get a lucky skip up to the basket.