• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/12/19 - Glen Helen Regional Park DGC, San Bernardino, CA - #11

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
Glen Helen Regional Park DGC, San Bernardino, CA
Rating:
16Reviews:
238 Played:
26 Favorited:
68 Wishlisted:

Course Map
Hole 11 410 ft
Tip By: lion
icon_trusted_bronze.gif
For advanced players that are right handed and throw primarily backhand I would recommend a distance driver like a destroyer or rampage straight at the hole or hyzerd in. The hole has some length so give it a pump. Also stay away from the road on the right side.
tee: (double uploaded, someone tell tim)
fa557158.jpg
basket to tee:

31db205b.jpg

As you can see on the basket, this is hole 4, not hole 11. There is also a concrete tee pad now. It plays a lot longer than 410, and is a par 4. (I think the tee sign even gives a bigger number than 410). There is a mandatory right of the light post. Road to the left is OB.

I play a shryke or wraith off the tee pad, depending on wind. And it can get quite windy at Glenn Helen. Up shot will depend on where I end up. Probably a beast or an orc, forehand or backhand depending on where I am (there is a tree a ways back that can pinch off the backhand approach shot if you end up shorter rather than longer). Honestly, you want the forehand approach though, it is much more open. Just try to get close to the pin on the 2nd shot for a birdy 3. However, with the wind at Glenn Helen, this can be much easier said than done. I took a 5 on this a few weeks ago due to wind.

oh my bad. brain got 4 in it for some reason & i 1/2 shook it out, but 4 remained when i got to pics.
hole 4 is 570ft.
Tip By: lion
icon_trusted_bronze.gif
Par 4, dogleg left hole. For advanced players that are right handed and throw primarily backhand I would recommend a boss or rampage. Thrown straight but ment to fade hard to the left. From there a midrange pitch shot should be all that's needed. Be sure to clear the mandatory pole on your drive.

throwing hyzer flip sword

For Hole 11, the actual Hole of the Day, I would throw my Blizzard Katana.
For Hole 4, shown in the photos, I would throw my RPro Boss away from the mando lightpole.

Apparently, I need go to Glen Helen soon to take new photos with the tee pads and tee signs that were installed years ago.

Shout out to the photographer! :clap::thmbup: