• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/2/14: Golden Gate Park DGC Hole 16 in San Francisco, CA

my home course. It really depends upon which basket position here. There is a mando right of the first tree so people usually throw a RHBH hyzer to all three postions. The optimal flight path is quite a decent huck though to any basket, but especially C which is up the hill a bit. Here are my preferred throws and discs to all three positions:
A) RHBH teebird
B) RHBH orc
C) RHFH monster to get the flex uphill. I've hit basket which plays like a 380ft hole (around 350 true distance)

I will agree with Peter, this was my home course for a little over a year. This hole plays longer than it is. It is mando right and a bit uphill. The landing area is also sandy so a lot of times there is no skip. I always threw (rhbh).

a) star teebird
b) star Wraith (my more overstable one)
c) star Wraith (seasoned one to hold the line)

Yeah you guys aren't getting there with putters. It's uphill with a sloped R-L fairway.

That's odd. The photo looks like a flat, straight putter shot at 250'.

If it plays longer then some sort of Eagle or Roc.

My home course here, I usually throw a tern or a wraith depending on the basket position. Bigger arms might throw a fairway driver.

Typically an easy birdie for A and B pins, C is a bit more complicated ;)

Basket positions off the tee:
ggp_hole16_tee_v01.jpg

Approach:
ggp_hole16_approach_v01.jpg

revising per the local knowledge and useful pics~

champ TL to A and B pins, maybe a beat star Boss to C.

rhbh Rival to A and B. rhfh flex a Firebird to the C position

As another local who throws this hole regularly, it's a RHBH Firebird to A, a Thunderbird to B and a Boss to C for me. As PeterB and JTacoma said, hyzers and not putters :)

the distance measurement on these holes is deceptive because of the mando. The actual distance you must throw is closer to 285 for A, 310 for B, and 350 for C

Great, another picture that doesn't give the reviewer a clue where the basket is. My answer : truth

As a long time Bay Area thrower I can say that I personally have never seen anyone get to the deep position with a putter. With more than 100 rounds played at GGP, this is what I use off the tee.

A. Pro Leopard
B. Pro Leopard
C. Pro Destroyer

Last edited:
Leopard or Beast, LHBH. Some of the REALLY big arms might be able to get a putter there, if I hit the approach I am a happy camper.

DanJon's got it.

Its a RHBH hyzer release with a Roc to A and B to the right of the mando and to the left of that tree that looks like it's right down the center of the path. Or it's a flat Eagle to C, same line but a little more to the right. I was just there a couple weeks ago and it was my home course (I lived a few blocks away) for three years. It plays a little long, but it is a fairway driver to C.